Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

With all the "5 stars" at Kensucky, they can't even win their conference or conference tournament. I guess same can be said for Kansas too.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

What? Kentucky under Cal has went to the NIT once and a S16. Those are the only two seasons where they haven’t made at least the Elite 8. Kansas just lost the Big 12 for the first time in 15 years. Those schools are doing great. We have been absolutely terrible as we are about to miss the tourney yet again. We’ve made the tourney 4 times the last 10 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What? Kentucky under Cal has went to the NIT once and a S16. Those are the only two seasons where they haven’t made at least the Elite 8. Kansas just lost the Big 12 for the first time in 15 years. Those schools are doing great. We have been absolutely terrible as we are about to miss the tourney yet again. We’ve made the tourney 4 times the last 10 seasons.

Didn’t they lose in the round of 32 to some team wearing Candy Striped warmups with Yogi, Max, Bryant, Z3, OG, and a young JMo?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, mdn82 said:

I was one of Brooks biggest early critics when it came to his attitude, effort, and skill level. I felt as though he was very similar to Wilkes and potentially would have trouble living up to his rating. That said he impressed me last summer and this year. It’s a miss. Nothing more and nothing less. It’s gonna happen when you go up against the schools we are for players. I personally feel some are overdramatizing the miss like it’s the end of the world. While a good player he isn’t the difference in 5-7 wins like some of you are acting. That’s absurd. That would put him on Zion Williamson’s level and he is not that. It’s a miss. Nothing more and nothing less.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well said. Now, let's move on. 

Didn’t they lose in the round of 32 to some team wearing Candy Striped warmups with Yogi, Max, Bryant, Z3, OG, and a young JMo?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Oh god how could I forget the highlight of the last decade. Sorry UK has missed the Elite 3 times. While we’ve made the Sweet 16 3 times in the same time Cal has been at UK.

NCAA Championships over the last 20 years.
Kensucky: 1
Kansas: 1

For having top 5 recruiting classes almost every year I'd expect better results.

As it's been said before, nobody remembers who came in second.

I think dad had a big role in this decision. Not gonna lose any sleep.Will be interesting to see what kind of minutes Keion gets.
He may play decent minutes but he isnt one any 2020 mock drafts so he better have if heck if a year

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

We sure do have a lot to say about a KENTUCKY recruit. I was hoping this thread wouldn’t be on the front page anymore. 

5 stages of grief. We are dug in on stage 4 for some. Stage 5 might take a while for those guys.

I felt this one was over when his dad said "time to make a selfish decision" or something along those lines. Dad wanted him at UK all along and got what he wished for.
Obviously dad thinks kentucky is going to make him a lottery pick.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

NCAA Championships over the last 20 years.
Kensucky: 1
Kansas: 1

For having top 5 recruiting classes almost every year I'd expect better results.

As it's been said before, nobody remembers who came in second.

Maybe not specifically 2nd but people generally remember which teams have post season success and runs and which don’t.

We don’t have to hang another banner to make me happy.

I just want annual top 5 or 6 seed in the NCAA. Eventually an annual top 4 seed would be my goal. Winning the whole thing requires a lot of luck and I understand that part.

Maybe not specifically 2nd but people generally remember which teams have post season success and runs and which don’t.

We don’t have to hang another banner to make me happy.

I just want annual top 5 or 6 seed in the NCAA. Eventually an annual top 4 seed would be my goal. Winning the whole thing requires a lot of luck and I understand that part.

Again, if my teams loaded every year with 5*'s, I'm expecting more. Luck or not.

Myself, I'm looking for more than a participation trophy. The O&D rule has killed college basketball.

Again, if my teams loaded every year with 5*'s, I'm expecting more. Luck or not.

Myself, I'm looking for more than a participation trophy. The O&D rule has killed college basketball.

It may have coincided with our extending down time but I think college basketball proves every spring that it is healthy and one of the great events.