Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

5 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I wouldn't put that label on him, at least not exclusively.

There's a good chance his parents have more to do with this than he does.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

All the more reason to be thankful.  Parents can be cancers.  

If things had gone well this year I really think he would be at IU. Unfortunately, Cal keeps rolling and producing 1st round picks. I have no doubt Keion's parents believe he will be exactly that after one year. He probably believes it too. 

If Anthony Edwards had committed to Kentucky instead of Georgia then Brooks would probably have gone to IU too. Crean's recruiting continues to haunt us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

Lol, this dude is a hoot. He almost instantly resorted to "I didn't post that, someone else did under my account". Lol, own up to being an idiot wishing injury on a soon to be a college freshman. Some people just should maybe not consider watching sports, since they can't really handle it apparently. 

"Social Experiment"

On Rupp Rafters they are now hoping for the entire Tennessee team to get AIDS.  I'm not kidding.

2 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

If things had gone well this year I really think he would be at IU. Unfortunately, Cal keeps rolling and producing 1st round picks. I have no doubt Keion's parents believe he will be exactly that after one year. He probably believes it too. 

Agreed, it definitely hurt our chances.

3 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

The problem is fans always pump up players they have never seen play. IU fans do it alot and its totally unrealistic.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

which in turn makes us pump up the team and have unrealistic expectations. i remember talking with my son early in the season about IU making the final 4. wow, do i feel stupid!

If Anthony Edwards had committed to Kentucky instead of Georgia then Brooks would probably have gone to IU too. Crean's recruiting continues to haunt us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep

3 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Its simple.

1. Cal sold him hook line and sinker on being a one and done and getting him to the nba. Basically he bought the sales pitch.
2. He can also compete for a national title at Kentucky.
3. All IU had to offer was playing time.

Do I think he will be a first round pick after one year? No I do not but cal is a world class salesman.

Archie is like Cal’s lil 2nd cousin or something and was consulted before Archie took the IU job. Guess all’s fair in love and war.

Archie is like Cal’s lil 2nd cousin or something and was consulted before Archie took the IU job. Guess all’s fair in love and war.
Cal is slimy. He will do whatever it takes but I am glad to see he lost today.

1 minute ago, Napleshoosier said:

That Dude is now the enemy! Understand! He is a pUKe! Don’t give me all this “ oh, I wish you Luke ! Wtf guys! Wake the F Up!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Yeah, made my statement about this before the announcement. Don't cheer for the school or it's players. Hell, goes for Duke and UNC too. There is a long list of very good players from our state that I've washed my hands of throughout the years starting with Kyle Macy etc.. Now, once in the NBA...sometimes a different story.

Are you still inebriated?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

When is the Nips not inebriated?

I do get it though. Down here, I was raised thinking puke was the devil. They are but I still wish Keion all the best. Now for that cheating program..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

All I’m saying about Brooks is that he struggled last year against Romeo and this year against Galloway. Is he talented? Yes but I don’t see a one and done and something about him always rubbed me the wrong way and I’m not sure why. IU will be fine as long as Hunter is healthy which is a big if at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We would have been better with Keion Brooks than without him. But the team's performance in January and February hurt us. Had Brooks announced in the fall like Jackson-Davis did we probably would have gotten him. But we didn't. I'm sure he will do well at Kentucky--maybe not one and done--but he will contribute positively. Time to move on. We have a strong enough roster to do better next year even if we add nobody else. Players have to improve upon their weaknesses over the summer. Hopefully nobody transfers and everyone is healthy. And, hopefully everyone buys in and the coaching staff figures out better how to run a more dynamic offense.  I'll be cheering on the team in the NIT and I'm looking forward to a better season in 2019-2020.