Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

I get that, but you can’t put that all on Archie. Like I said, this year underachieved, but he also had an INSANE amount of injuries. Hunter didn’t play all season, Phinisee was hurt and coincided with our 1-12 stretch, Davis and Green being hurt/suspended, and Race and McRoberts being hurt most of the year. We saw how important Rob and DeRon were to this team.

I’m just as ticked as any IU fan about how our program has went the last 30+ years. It absolutely sucks, but I also recognize that this season was ridiculous in so many ways that couldn’t be helped. I don’t know if Archie is the right person for the job, but he CAN coach and recruit, and it will get better. I hope it’s back to NCAA Titles, but he will get us back into the tournament every year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
Well said. Why people think these injuries weren't a major factor in our terrible stretch boggles my mind.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It’s called being a decent human being. An 18 year old kid made the first big decision of his life. Shouldn’t cause a bunch of old men to get to their panties twisted.

Respect? What's that?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The sunshine and unicorns of this board thought Grant Gelon would contribute his freshman year. The same thing is constantly said over and over again every year about every recruit. If you think not getting dog Keion is fine because we got Franklin, you’re in denial of what this team needs and how much better Keion would have made us. Difference between 20 wins and 15. NIT at best for yet another season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Who? You weren’t even around then. I don’t recall anyone thinking he would contribute day 1. That is absurd. I seen people say year 3 and 4, but let’s not make things up Joe.

I doubt (hope) that our crazy fan base had any effect on Brooks' decision, but this is shameful. ... Good luck to Keion at UK. 

[/url]  

People around this area think opposite. He was thinking IU until he saw us lose and saw our “true colors”. Imo IU, UK, and KU are the most vocal fans with negativity when it comes to this stuff. I know a lot of our fans try and justify our stupidity and act like it doesn’t have an effect on recruits but that is wrong. Our holier than thou attitudes along with our constant negativity had an effect. Maybe we deserve to be fired as much as Glass, because us a group of fans have sucked this year just as bad. They see this. It’s easy to see how it will be when things aren’t going good. At the time UK ramped up their efforts it was all sunshine and unicorns. They wouldn’t have been any better if they were in our situation, but they are not. They are in a solid spot.

Who? You weren’t even around then. I don’t recall anyone thinking he would contribute day 1. That is absurd. I seen people say year 3 and 4, but let’s not make things up Joe.

Only took 1 viewing from me to know that it wasn’t going to work out and I’m pretty sure I posted my evaluation in here after. I can’t recall any saying he would contribute early on. I remember the majority saying he probably wouldn’t contribute at all

Only took 1 viewing from me to know that it wasn’t going to work out and I’m pretty sure I posted my evaluation in here after. I can’t recall any saying he would contribute early on. I remember the majority saying he probably wouldn’t contribute at all

Me neither and I am on more than everyone but maybe 10 people tops. I kept reading be patient with him from the most optimistic fans but never he would be ready day one.

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I know a lot of our fans try and justify our stupidity and act like it doesn’t have an effect on recruits but that is wrong. Our holier than thou attitudes along with our constant negativity had an effect. 

Whether or not it affects recruiting, it is unconscionable the way some people talk about kids playing a game. The personal stuff and the character assassination are clearly out of bounds. I understand passion and disappointment, but directing the negativity toward kids who are still learning and maturing is just plain wrong in my opinion.

24 minutes ago, IUHoosier5 said:

Wishing injury upon any player is a total scum move. Our fan base has to be better than that!

I'm sure our fan base has its share of morons but I believe this individual is a UofL fan.

People around this area think opposite. He was thinking IU until he saw us lose and saw our “true colors”. Imo IU, UK, and KU are the most vocal fans with negativity when it comes to this stuff. I know a lot of our fans try and justify our stupidity and act like it doesn’t have an effect on recruits but that is wrong. Our holier than thou attitudes along with our constant negativity had an effect. Maybe we deserve to be fired as much as Glass, because us a group of fans have sucked this year just as bad. They see this. It’s easy to see how it will be when things aren’t going good. At the time UK ramped up their efforts it was all sunshine and unicorns. They wouldn’t have been any better if they were in our situation, but they are not. They are in a solid spot.

Don’t forget his parents and family were pushing him to UK. It’s been rumored from very credible sources Keion loved IU and wanted to go, but his parents kept pushing UK. I think our bad stretch and what surrounded it pushed everything to UK. I can’t blame him at all for choosing UK. They are a much better program than we are by far, just hope IU can get there with Archie.

Coach Miller has a minimum of 2 years left, and hope people will support the program than being constantly negative. Trust me, I have my worries and concerns, and do voice them, but not at the sacrifice of my love for IU. Everyone is different, and appreciate the different viewpoints, but hope people realize Coach Miller deserves more time.

If De’Ron is back and healthy, having him and Phinisee plus TJD and Race answers the concerns I had at the beginning of this past season. Maybe even just TJD and Race fix those.

For such an basketball crazed fan base, I feel that many still overlooked the importance of a consistent and reliable PG. We clearly saw that effect this season during the times Phinisee was out or recovering from the concussion.

With the currently assumed roster, I think we have a better constructed roster than this past year. Now it’s about development and adding a shooter grad transfer. We can’t replace Romeo and Juwan, but we can make improvements across the roster to mitigate losses of individual contributors.

We will have a good PG and should have done bodies down low. The problem is the 3 and 2 spots. Durham has peaked. He is who he is at this point. We have no 3 if Hunter can’t play and Smith transfers. We still have no one to shoot the ball. We still have no one on the wing who can take their guy and consistently go get a bucket next year. We could be good defensively but our offense is going to struggle yet again.

We will have a good PG and should have done bodies down low. The problem is the 3 and 2 spots. Durham has peaked. He is who he is at this point. We have no 3 if Hunter can’t play and Smith transfers. We still have no one to shoot the ball. We still have no one on the wing who can take their guy and consistently go get a bucket next year. We could be good defensively but our offense is going to struggle yet again.

Thanks for restating my point with extreme negative assumptions added. Great insight, so well thought out.