Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Outcome biased is a real thing. On so many levels. Archie’s rebuild is gonna take time and patience which iu fans lack and quite frankly, don’t want to have with their beloved Hoosier b-ball team. It’s just tough altogether

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

They are just remembering the old days. Not much of a difference between us and Washington is there? We just aren’t good. Sleeping giant? Maybe. But it will take a great coach to awake it. Is Archie that coach? Probably not even close. Not that’s he’s a bad coach but he just doesn’t seem to have what it takes to compete at the absolute highest level in the country. But fans just want to continue trying to build off what happened 30 years ago rather than trying to establish a 100% new era. Keep the tradition in the halls and the rafters. Time for a new era of Indiana basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We've taken the "new era" approach, not exactly a success so far.  

I'd prefer we say here's the expectations, either meet them or get out.  Worked wonders for Alabama football cycling through coach after coach after coach until they got it right, of course their administration actually cared.

6 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

We've taken the "new era" approach, not exactly a success so far.  

I'd prefer we say here's the expectations, either meet them or get out.  Worked wonders for Alabama football cycling through coach after coach after coach until they got it right, of course their administration actually cared.

Umm......Saban won a title at LSU.  He is Pitino.

Let me see if I can instill some sanity into this mess.
1)  No team...not Indiana, not anyone can effectively handle just one "1 and done" kid.  The reason is simply because that player will almost always have a different agenda than his team mates; and at this stage after almost 20 years of below standards basketball?  Indiana needs program kids.  Unless we want ti become UK and get a bunch every season, Indiana is better off without one and done players; and the ones they DO get need to have more than a right hand drive to the rim.  Just sayin'.
2)  Next season, Jerome Hunter will play.  And he's good.  I saw Arman Franklin play a few times.   We will not miss Romeo one bit.  You all can call me crazy if you want to....and I know some will.   But talk to me in 11 months.   Franklin is at least as athletic, a better shooter (although I wouldn't call him a shooter),and has a left hand.   Davis will be a year healthier.  Thompson will be healthy.  Phinisee will be healthy.  And TJD is very good.  I doubt we'll have to worry about Clifton Moore and perhaps 1 or 2 others...Indiana will be a better team next year.  By far.
3)  There will be another addition or two.  We won't know those names until we know who's leaving; but I'm here to tell you the sky did not fall tonight.  Brooks choosing UK means nothing to IU or the direction of IU or the downfall of IU or that IU "lost a player."   A kid who transferred to La Lumiere for basketball only reasons chose UK for basketball only reasons and he wouldn't have been a long term fix at IU any more than Romeo has been.
Breathe folks.   And please stop the incessant negativity.   Purdue lost tonight.  Rejoice in that consistent mess.  

Very well said MY OldFriend ;)

Five of the last six seasons have had a minimum of 14 losses. It’s not just one bad season here or there with this program. And there is absolutely zero basis to claim IU will be fine going forward. Three straight seasons of missing the NCAA tournament and next year isn’t looking much better.

I get that, but you can’t put that all on Archie. Like I said, this year underachieved, but he also had an INSANE amount of injuries. Hunter didn’t play all season, Phinisee was hurt and coincided with our 1-12 stretch, Davis and Green being hurt/suspended, and Race and McRoberts being hurt most of the year. We saw how important Rob and DeRon were to this team.

I’m just as ticked as any IU fan about how our program has went the last 30+ years. It absolutely sucks, but I also recognize that this season was ridiculous in so many ways that couldn’t be helped. I don’t know if Archie is the right person for the job, but he CAN coach and recruit, and it will get better. I hope it’s back to NCAA Titles, but he will get us back into the tournament every year.

9 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Better by far next year? emoji23.png

Like I said, Chicken Little.....talk to me in 11 months.    Right now?  I'm sure you think the worst.....I can't be proven right or wrong until  at least next January; so laugh now.   But remember, and look me up then.  You can gloat or apologize and I expect whichever one is appropriate.

We need to land 3 guys per year between the 25-75 ranking range that meets our needs and we will kill it. Five stars are nice to put us over the top but the baseline needs to be those 4 year 25-75 types.

That also makes it more palatable when we miss out on a guy or two

Let me see if I can instill some sanity into this mess.
1)  No team...not Indiana, not anyone can effectively handle just one "1 and done" kid.  The reason is simply because that player will almost always have a different agenda than his team mates; and at this stage after almost 20 years of below standards basketball?  Indiana needs program kids.  Unless we want ti become UK and get a bunch every season, Indiana is better off without one and done players; and the ones they DO get need to have more than a right hand drive to the rim.  Just sayin'.
2)  Next season, Jerome Hunter will play.  And he's good.  I saw Arman Franklin play a few times.   We will not miss Romeo one bit.  You all can call me crazy if you want to....and I know some will.   But talk to me in 11 months.   Franklin is at least as athletic, a better shooter (although I wouldn't call him a shooter),and has a left hand.   Davis will be a year healthier.  Thompson will be healthy.  Phinisee will be healthy.  And TJD is very good.  I doubt we'll have to worry about Clifton Moore and perhaps 1 or 2 others...Indiana will be a better team next year.  By far.
3)  There will be another addition or two.  We won't know those names until we know who's leaving; but I'm here to tell you the sky did not fall tonight.  Brooks choosing UK means nothing to IU or the direction of IU or the downfall of IU or that IU "lost a player."   A kid who transferred to La Lumiere for basketball only reasons chose UK for basketball only reasons and he wouldn't have been a long term fix at IU any more than Romeo has been.
Breathe folks.   And please stop the incessant negativity.   Purdue lost tonight.  Rejoice in that consistent mess.  

Couldn’t agree more, especially with Indiana needing program players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Friend bringing the positivity?

I think a lot of next seasons success or failure will hinge on individual player development and chemistry. I think we have some pieces but they don’t always play FOR each other or FOR Indiana. That’ll need to change in order to have a better season

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Guys.  IU is bigger than one player.  What we need is a program not just one good year.  We need players that will stick around and buy in,  not have different agendas.  Not even sure this kid was the best player in Indiana.  Guys like Romeo/ Brooks actually hurt us.  They take away the development of a program player. I don't care what they do in the NBA. I care what they do in college. 

Healthy Jerome and Good Justin gets me over Keion. Like you said, lets get a shooter, preferably not from Saint Mary's. World hasn't ended. 

Hell... maybe Devonte channels that energy for his senior year. I have been one of his biggest critics but he proved he can make it happen this week.

Honestly don't understand people saying "good luck Keion"
I definitely don't wish him ill will, but I sure as hell don't wish him luck.

It’s called being a decent human being. An 18 year old kid made the first big decision of his life. Shouldn’t cause a bunch of old men to get to their panties twisted.