Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

1 minute ago, Cheaney2002 said:

bpzw2ucxmylanwlehvku

I just don't like what I saw on Rivals.  Cal and Ed being beasties apparently.  Maybe Kyrie Irving yet again.  I still think Archie will find a shooter in the grad transfer market which is a bigger need.

Healthy Jerome and Good Justin gets me over Keion. Like you said, lets get a shooter, preferably not from Saint Mary's. World hasn't ended. 

Lmfao the meltdown in this thread is awesome! More entertaining than any IU game I saw this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
What else to we got the NIT. Might as well go off the deep end.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It’ll happen when we win basketball games at a rate where our fans don’t expect the next basketball apocalypse.

So, 3 good, winning seasons?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

When was the last time we had 3 good seasons in a row?  Good as in tourney berth.

Holy cow it was Eric Gordon’s season I just looked it up. 

I find it interesting that there are so many B1G teams on this list and IU isn't one of them.

Jeff GoodmanVerified account @GoodmanHoops
FollowingFollowing @GoodmanHoops
More

Jeff Goodman Retweeted Jeff Goodman

Since I tweeted this out two hours ago, Justin Pierce has heard from AZ, ND, Ohio St., NW, Illinois, BC, Stanford, USC, Michigan, Wisconsin., Butler, Gonzaga, Ga Tech, DePaul, Nevada and Ole Miss. Safe to say he’ll be a highly sought-after grad transfer.

Jeff Goodman added,

William & Mary’s Justin Pierce, a two-time all-CAA guy, told @Stadium he will leave as a grad transfer. Put up 14.9 points, 8.9 boards and 4.1 assists this season.
7:10 PM - 15 Mar 2019

9 replies33 retweets86 likes

Retweet

Direct message

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

When was the last time we had 3 good seasons in a row?  Good as in tourney berth.

Holy cow it was Eric Gordon’s season I just looked it up. 

IU has lost 15 plus games in three consecutive seasons twice...2009-2011, 2017-2019. Fun times. Fun times...

Healthy Jerome and Good Justin gets me over Keion. Like you said, lets get a shooter, preferably not from Saint Mary's. World hasn't ended. 
Big if on hunter. We need a grad transfer.

We were HEAVILY favored at 12-2 and Kentucky with target 1-4 not named Keion.

Keion however has always been lured by the brightest lights. I’m not surprised at all this is how it went.
If we finished the season near the top of the B1G I bet we would have landed him. But can’t say that for certain of course.

I see this a lot but Kentucky wanted Keion. After Maxey committed he said he was coming at Keion hard to join him at Kentucky

3 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

I find it interesting that there are so many B1G teams on this list and IU isn't one of them.

FollowingFollowing @GoodmanHoops
More

Jeff Goodman Retweeted Jeff Goodman

Since I tweeted this out two hours ago, Justin Pierce has heard from AZ, ND, Ohio St., NW, Illinois, BC, Stanford, USC, Michigan, Wisconsin., Butler, Gonzaga, Ga Tech, DePaul, Nevada and Ole Miss. Safe to say he’ll be a highly sought-after grad transfer.

Jeff Goodman added,

William & Mary’s Justin Pierce, a two-time all-CAA guy, told @Stadium he will leave as a grad transfer. Put up 14.9 points, 8.9 boards and 4.1 assists this season.
7:10 PM - 15 Mar 2019

9 replies33 retweets86 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Not that I really care that they aren't but just an observation.

Just now, Iugradman said:

All under the “leadership” of McRobbie and Glass.

Yup. I blame them more than Crean and/or Miller. I've said it before, you have to know how your APR score will look. If that is really preventing us from bringing in/getting rid of certain players to make this team better, then why the H E double hockey sticks did they not step in and do something about it!!!

IU has lost 15 plus games in three consecutive seasons twice...2009-2011, 2017-2019. Fun times. Fun times...
Honestly the fact we are in on any of these five stars is amazing given the state of the program.

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We were HEAVILY favored at 12-2 and Kentucky with target 1-4 not named Keion.

Keion however has always been lured by the brightest lights. I’m not surprised at all this is how it went.
If we finished the season near the top of the B1G I bet we would have landed him. But can’t say that for certain of course.

Didn’t watch the announcement, so it may have been discussed then, but once UK ran through their higher priorities and got around to focusing on Brooks, i think it was effectively over. That’s where he wanted to be. His quotes in Corey Evans article make it clear that he bought into the Calipari pitch 100%. He didn’t care about going where he was most wanted or had friends or any of that nonsense. He and the folks bought into the completely fallacious snow job that Cal creates one and dones.They focused on a kid like Tyler Herro, who is probably the first mutiyear player that has grown into a OAD rather than the many OAD types who didn’t develop. A kid who really wants UK doesn’t want IU, and vice versa. It would be like saying you can’t decide if you want a porterhouse for dinner or maybe go vegan. They’re non-responsive.

6 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Honestly the fact we are in on any of these five stars is amazing given the state of the program.

It has been 21 years since IU had back to back Mr. Basketball's (assuming TJD wins it). Have a stud PG. Need a wing and a shooter and you will have me sold. Think Archie needs to tweak the staff a bit. Not overreacting from this season-just think there needs to be a new voice. Don't know how much that changes things.