Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

I wasn't big on boards until after Crean was fired so Romeo, TJD, and Keion are the biggest recruits I have followed. Wish him well. It stinks because IU was the leader for a while in this recruitment. Have to move on. Rob and Al need an offseason like many of our players had in 2011. Love TJD and Armaan. Archie needs a shooter and a wing and it'll make me feel a lot better about next year and the year after. Honestly this would not hurt if we knew 100% Jerome was good to go. 

2nd thing-deleting the Peegs account. I just felt like they led you on. They'd create another thread if Keion farted. That chat never worked for me either. I also like interacting with you all. The people on that board seemed ruthless and nasty. It's also strange no UK beat writers were there but Rabjohn's and Peegs were. 

I have not heard anything on watford and iu in months. Didnt even know we were still in it

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

While IU was in his top 5 or 6, I think IU focused elsewhere and it has showed. I think LSU, Memphis, and Alabama are probably ahead of IU right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Joking but when does Archie say screw competing in Indiana and go straight Crean and try to dominate some other area code?

Sean sure as heck landed some big fish with the FBI breathing down his neck. Nico Manion is amazing. Makes our guards look pedestrian.
Can we just have Sean’s class?

TIC

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I wasn't big on boards until after Crean was fired so Romeo, TJD, and Keion are the biggest recruits I have followed. Wish him well. It stinks because IU was the leader for a while in this recruitment. Have to move on. Rob and Al need an offseason like many of our players had in 2011. Love TJD and Armaan. Archie needs a shooter and a wing and it'll make me feel a lot better about next year and the year after. Honestly this would not hurt if we knew 100% Jerome was good to go. 
2nd thing-deleting the Peegs account. I just felt like they led you on. They'd create another thread if Keion farted. That chat never worked for me either. I also like interacting with you all. The people on that board seemed ruthless and nasty. It's also strange no UK beat writers were there but Rabjohn's and Peegs were. 
Because its not a big deal to kentucky. They will just go find another 5 star.

Also. Recruiting won’t be around much longer. If the NBA /NBAPA GET a deal to lower the draft age to 18.

Any 5 star HS “recruit” will go straight to the NBA. and the only ones that will go to college will be lower rated “recruits”
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/2/21/18235357/nba-draft-eligible-age-proposal-zion-williamson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

How is telling people how to think being realistic.....?

Pretty sure I said can. That’s more of a question than a command. 

We’ve missed the tourney 3 years in a row. Look to be worse next year, our development of players is pretty much nill as seen from this year and we just lost a prized recruit to a school that in the 80s was our rival but has surpassed us so completely the very thought is laughable to every other fanbase. Pretty sure it’s not the time for worthless sunshine pumping. 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Pretty sure I said can. That’s more of a question than a command. 

We’ve missed the tourney 3 years in a row. Look to be worse next year, our development of players is pretty much nill as seen from this year and we just lost a prized recruit to a school that in the 80s was our rival but has surpassed us so completely the very thought is laughable to every other fanbase. Pretty sure it’s not the time for worthless sunshine pumping. 

“OMG people quit trying to twist everything no matter what into a positive”

....did you?

I’m all for being “realistic”, but you’re just miserable. I’m sorry that everyone isn’t interested in wallowing in misery. 

While it's disappointing to lose a recruit who we have invested significant time in, other coaches, including Izzo who probably invested the most time, were on the losing side of this one as well. We will have a full roster of players and when next season rolls around we'll see what happens.

Joking but when does Archie say screw competing in Indiana and go straight Crean and try to dominate some other area code?

Sean sure as heck landed some big fish with the FBI breathing down his neck. Nico Manion is amazing. Makes our guards look pedestrian.
Can we just have Sean’s class?

TIC

You know how the game is played by the top recruits. We need to find that sweet middle ground to establish ourselves and then land the elite instate recruits.

I’m interested in how Archie and Co. attack the 2020 class.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

You know how the game is played by the top recruits. We need to find that sweet middle ground to establish ourselves and then land the elite instate recruits.

I’m interested in how Archie and Co. attack the 2020 class.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, 2020 doesn’t appear to have jaw dropping potential for Indiana. Morton is a solid piece. Caleb Love, meh. Galloway or Leal, not seeing greatness.

Our recruiting needs to mirror Michigan State. Michigan state always seems to get their a centerpiece guy or 2 or 3. Then enough of their 4 star guys pan out.

They play hard and compete. That has to be Indiana’s goal as well.

We can’t beat Duke, Kentucky, Kansas etc at their game even with a Miller.

8 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

“OMG people quit trying to twist everything no matter what into a positive”

....did you?

I’m all for being “realistic”, but you’re just miserable. I’m sorry that everyone isn’t interested in wallowing in misery. 

Maybe I just seem miserable because that’s the realistic assessment of our program at this time. 

Lmfao the meltdown in this thread is awesome! More entertaining than any IU game I saw this year.

If you what fun i read a few twitter feeds. Highlights:

1. Franklin is a lights out shooter ready to play from day one.
2. Hunter is 100% and ready to go.
3. We return a loaded roster and add a mcdonalds player.
4. We didnt need brooks.

So basically we are going to kill it next year!!!!

9 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Honestly I’m not even upset. Good luck to Brooks at UK. I really think Archie needs to recruit guys that have a hunger to compete and get better for the team. I think he is starting to do that and it will be better for us in the long run

We're we expected to land Keion?  Seems like total meltdown over here.

We're we expected to land Keion?  Seems like total meltdown over here.

We were HEAVILY favored at 12-2 and Kentucky with target 1-4 not named Keion.

Keion however has always been lured by the brightest lights. I’m not surprised at all this is how it went.
If we finished the season near the top of the B1G I bet we would have landed him. But can’t say that for certain of course.