Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

1 minute ago, Ryno6284 said:

Maybe the LSU news landed us Watford?

That is the kind of thinking we got to do.  Hell some here act like we just lost the next coming of Kevin Durrant.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

OMG people quit trying to twist everything no matter what into a positive. Some things just suck. 

Yeah, everyone should take the negative post like others have. Lets fire a coach after two years. Make it impossible for the next coach to recruit anyone besides one and dones. 

In retrospect, I think there were danger signs in this recruitment going back quite a while.  Dominant father having problems as coach, abandoning his HS team to go to a basketball factory, and now electing to go to a NBA training team.  I have to admit that I was always under the impression that Brooks didn't see himself (nor probably would be) a one and done.  It turns out that is his prime focus after all.

Sucks not to get Brooks, but wish him best of luck except if facing IU in the NCAA Tournament and with a national title on the line :)

I don’t get people saying Archie is awful in recruiting. He got top in-state talent the last two years, but just missed on this one. He’s proven to stay with other top coaches, and that shows A LOT since he’s had a short window in recruiting at IU.

IU will be just fine. The only thing I was a little discouraged with what Brooks said was about style of play. Idk if anyone else picked this out, but he said Coach Cal (I almost puked even typing that) doesn’t restrict his offense and let’s his players play. That could have been what sold UK, because Coach Miller runs a certain style offense.

I get it, it sucks and some want to make every excuse on why we didn’t get him. We won’t get every recruit, but what matters the most is Coach Millers gets some of the top talent around and is close to landing the other top talent that doesn’t come here. That shows his commitment to recruiting top players to take this program to the top.

Instead of sulking in the pits of misery, let’s support this program! Bad seasons happen and this was an underachieving one, no way around it, but programs have bad or disappointing seasons. We will be just fine, and Coach Miller deserves another year IMO before being on the hot seat.

Everyone take a breathe and let’s focus on remaining 2019 recruits and grad transfers!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Yeah, everyone should take the negative post like others have. Lets fire a coach after two years. Make it impossible for the next coach to recruit anyone besides one and dones. 

Not negative, realistic. And ego said fire Archie. 

OMG people quit trying to twist everything no matter what into a positive. Some things just suck. 

It’s like nobody can handle the truth. We have to make this into a positive to cope. We lost a recruit to Kentucky. Wasn’t the first time, won’t be the last.
This one stings and Brooks would have been a big addition to next years squad. Hopefully something good will fall our way for once. Right now it just plain sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Eventually perhaps.  But until the program has been rebuilt and you're in a position to attract those kinds of players (not just ones from Indiana), it's a losing approach IMO.
Agreed. I think TJD always wanted to go to iu but in most cases we will lose these battles as an NIT team.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk