Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

1 minute ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Romeo may have been a little disappointing (as was the entire team) but he still averaged 16 points and 5 rebounds on 45% shooting as a Freshman. He’s the best freshman we’ve had since Zeller

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That's not really saying much though.

3 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Romeo may have been a little disappointing (as was the entire team) but he still averaged 16 points and 5 rebounds on 45% shooting as a Freshman. He’s the best freshman we’ve had since Zeller

But you're missing the "rub".  Romeo's 16 points were great, but now they are gone and we're right back at square one.

Why is IU recruiting Quinones?

Because best next available. You want to be Elite, you need Elite players. Just because Romeo had some flaws doesn’t mean we didn’t need him. How good would we have been without him? Kansas, Duke,Kentucky, Michigan St, so on and so on, disagree with you.

45 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Learning lesson for Archie.  5 star prima donnas will string you along and jump at the chance to play for an "elite" program.  Screw that, go get us some players that aren't focused on their "brand", their "ego", and their NBA dreams but want to bust their ***** improving their game and winning games.

If you want to win at the level IU should expect, these are the kinds of players you need.  Which means pUKe is the caliber of program we have to beat out for them.

I think this explains the interest in a few other recruits. Is there any word if we are in good standing with anyone else?? And by the way good luck to Keion and his family.

I always felt when brooks did not verba by January when people said he was ours we had a problem. Obviously he was holdong out for a better gig. He just needed to see what the other top 25 players did first.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just now, JSHoosier said:

If you want to win at the level IU should expect, these are the kinds of players you need.  Which means pUKe is the caliber of program we have to beat out for them.

Eventually perhaps.  But until the program has been rebuilt and you're in a position to attract those kinds of players (not just ones from Indiana), it's a losing approach IMO.

I’m thinking we’re going to be ok. I just think we need to focus on getting a bunch of four star kids so we have more depth.  Sprinkle that with a five star here and there and we’ll be consistent winners. I know it seems depressing right now but we’ll get there.

47 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I’m not saying by any means that they should, but is it possible that IU fires Archie?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not right now.  That being said I certainly disagree with the 'you need to give x years to even judge them' crap.