Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Jerome Hunter never playing a game at IU is a bigger deal than Keion picking UK or Romeo not living up to expectations for one year and going pro!  Jesus people calm down,  I truly believe Archie is laying the groundwork for longevity here!  The short term really sucks, but let it unfold,  "the best things come, to those who wait!'

Before a smartass comments, I know,  we have been waiting a long time.

1 minute ago, iubb said:

Because of this?

Of course not, nor should they.

And if they fire him after 2 years you can FORGET ABOUT IU getting any good coach. Because what coach in their right mind would want to come here and be given so little rope.

So yes. Let’s fire him and then the only coaches that would want to come here are CC coaches or coaches that have been fired multiple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would another Coach want to come here?  Million dollar salary, great facilities, decent history, basketball state, great campus, one of the largest recruting budgets.  Any Coach that would be worth the hire would look at the two year body of work by Miller and understand the deal....wouldn't even phase them

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

The kid was patient enough to wait out higher UK priorities to land where he clearly wanted to be. Definition of a business decision. Good for him.  I hope experiencing that brazenly mercenary culture is everything he’s hoping for. 

I really hope going forward that CAM realizes this is what happens when you aren't the prettiest girl at the ball.  If a recruit is pulling this slow strip tease, be prepared to prioritize someone else.  Seeing that we are getting in late on some guys like LQ, makes me wonder if we didn't take our foot off the gas, expecting Brooks to come to IU.

I also have to say that daddy Brooks "how much this means to me" comment had to be a bit of punch in the nuts to Schilling.  Then again, I have been getting the feeling that Senior is a bit of a Lavar Ball type.

Checked the Kentucky board and looked at about 15 posts. Three of them were 
“not sure he’ll be a good fit.”
”how tall is he? Don’t care to look it up.”
”What position does he play?”
They dont care. They get 5 five stars a year

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I honestly wanted TJD more the Keion before TJD commited. This isn't a big deal people.  We are going to get talent that is here for 2-3 years instead of what we saw with Romeo this year.  Now whether or not that can hang with the likes of UK or Duke, remains to be seen! 
Its a big deal right now. Next year looks rough.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Why would another Coach want to come here?  Million dollar salary, great facilities, decent history, basketball state, great campus, one of the largest recruting budgets.  Any Coach that would be worth the hire would look at the two year body of work by Miller and understand the deal....wouldn't even phase them

Money isn’t everything when your in essence a lame duck coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still think iu would've been his easier path to the nba. Here, he would've gotten as many minutes as he wanted from day 1. At UK, he will have to fight just to see the court. Plus, Calipari won't hesitate to recruit over him. But, oh well. He didn't want to be a Hoosier so whatever. 

1 minute ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Oh yeah. I’m sure the coach of an NIT team that’s losing its two best players is telling 5 star recruits he doesn’t want them...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Telling a OAD is what I am saying......I don't give a damn about the stars.  How did that Romeo thing work out?

Telling a OAD is what I am saying......I don't give a damn about the stars.  How did that Romeo thing work out?

Romeo may have been a little disappointing (as was the entire team) but he still averaged 16 points and 5 rebounds on 45% shooting as a Freshman. He’s the best freshman we’ve had since Zeller

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Absolutely

Learning lesson for Archie.  5 star prima donnas will string you along and jump at the chance to play for an "elite" program.  Screw that, go get us some players that aren't focused on their "brand", their "ego", and their NBA dreams but want to bust their ***** improving their game and winning games.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk