Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

No one in his home state will give a damn what he does from this point forward. I guess that doesn’t bother him. He will fade into obscurity a la Harris, Teague, Lyles, Wilkes, etc.

Nah plenty of people in this state like me that will watch them regardless of where they go to college. Now once they go to the NBA I won’t watch anymore but that because I don’t watch any NBA

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Iugradman said:

He is not a one-and-done. He will end up playing in Belarus if he goes pro after one season.

Gotcha...well..he will still now see the Tourney next year and he can say hi to Romeo in Belarus :)

5 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Checked the Kentucky board and looked at about 15 posts. Three of them were 

“not sure he’ll be a good fit.”

”how tall is he? Don’t care to look it up.”

”What position does he play?”

Surprised that " is he ranked in the top 15" wasn't a question! 

What a bunch of dopes!

7 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Archie got the last 2 Indiana Mr. Basketball’s and people are saying he’s losing recruiting momentum. You guys need to get a grip and try to think rationally. We don’t get ANY of the current Indiana recruits the last two years with the previous staff. 

Just because Crean stunk out loud doesn’t mean momentum hasn’t been lost

The kid was patient enough to wait out higher UK priorities to land where he clearly wanted to be. Definition of a business decision. Good for him.  I hope experiencing that brazenly mercenary culture is everything he’s hoping for. 

I’m not saying by any means that they should, but is it possible that IU fires Archie?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There is no fudging way that should be considered at this point. A kid buying snake oil from a snake oil salesman shouldn’t change that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Just because Crean stunk out loud doesn’t mean momentum hasn’t been lost

We have a 5* center, Mr. Basketball coming in next year. Something we DESPERATELY needed due to DeRon Davis’ health. Keion hurts but you’re not convincing me one iota that Archie has lost recruiting momentum. Quite the high expectations to think he is falling short bc he didn’t get two 5* recruits in his second class. If next years class stinks, I’ll start to inch into your side of the fence.

I’m not saying by any means that they should, but is it possible that IU fires Archie?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Because of this?

Of course not, nor should they.

And if they fire him after 2 years you can FORGET ABOUT IU getting any good coach. Because what coach in their right mind would want to come here and be given so little rope.

So yes. Let’s fire him and then the only coaches that would want to come here are CC coaches or coaches that have been fired multiple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only saw him play once, at Southport against Romeo.  I came away less than impressed.  That said, he’s a top ranked player in the class for a reason, but I really don’t think it’s a big miss.  As others have said,  we don’t need one and dones right now.  This was his dad’s decision in my opinion.  Best of luck to them, but if I could bet on it, I’d say he’s overseas in 3 years and his time at UK goes nothing like Cal told him it would.  

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

We have a 5* center, Mr. Basketball coming in next year. Something we DESPERATELY needed due to DeRon Davis’ health. Keion hurts but you’re not convincing me one iota that Archie has lost recruiting momentum. Quite the high expectations to think he is falling short bc he didn’t get two 5* recruits in his second class. If next years class stinks, I’ll start to inch into your side of the fence.

Who else are we in on this class. Still don’t have a shooter.