Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

We currently have the 42nd rank recruiting class next year, losing Romeo and Morgan. Next year is gonna be rough.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well with only 3 scholarships to fill we were never going to have a top class because those rankings factor quantity and quality. We have 2 good players coming in and will likely get another. Sucks to lose out on Brooks, but losing to the best recruiter in college basketball does not say anything about Archie's recruiting momentum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one in his home state will give a damn what he does from this point forward. I guess that doesn’t bother him. He will fade into obscurity a la Harris, Teague, Lyles, Wilkes, etc.

His message might sound harsh but there’s some truth to it. There’s no real legacy to leave at UK like he could have at IU. But that is my wish, not Keion’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I’m not saying by any means that they should, but is it possible that IU fires Archie?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

NO!  Maybe someday, not now or the next 2 years.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

As the parent of an 18 year old, stop throwing hatred at 18 year olds making life  decisions that we all got to make without people who don't know us criticizing our choice of college.

I really don’t see anyone on here throwing hatred...

Twitter/Facebook might be a different story but those places are toxic 100% of the time. 

The hoopla around this kid was and is out if control. He thinks he’s an NBA talent and that couldn’t be farther from the truth at this stage in his life/skill set. Cal sold him on a bill of goods after he missed out on his top targets. KBJ will probably go on to regret this decision and end up like Charles Matthews, transferring out and hoping for an eventual 2nd round draft pick. Best of luck to him. Any kid who strongly considers going to UK or Purdue isn’t a Hoosier. 

12 minutes ago, schoosier said:

He said his relationship with Cal was the reason. I hate it for Archie and the program when you spend 2 years trying to make this happen. Best of luck to him and hope he made the right decision. Who’s next?

Wasn’t Schilling brought in to win these battles for IU..? 

I honestly wanted TJD more the Keion before TJD commited. This isn't a big deal people.  We are going to get talent that is here for 2-3 years instead of what we saw with Romeo this year.  Now whether or not that can hang with the likes of UK or Duke, remains to be seen! 

2 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I’m not saying by any means that they should, but is it possible that IU fires Archie?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If they did, we would never get a sniff from ANY halfway decent coach. If Archie Miller can’t win at Indiana, then the problem is much bigger and deeper than who’s the head coach. He was nearly unanimously regarded as a home run hire by national pundits and coaches.