Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Do you guys want to talk about what Keion would bring if he were to commit?

First thing.  He's not as good as Romeo.  He's not going to step in and go 16ppg.  He's not as big as Romeo (Romeo and Rob are both thick kids, wider like college athletes are, if that makes sense).  He's not as athletic.  

Keion is not a PF, and he's not a SG, either.  He's a SF, but with very good court vision and passing.  He absolutely wants to be running, playing in transition.  He's looking to make something happen out there.  Remember when we played Duke, and they kind of played over us?  Keion has that kind of game.  I think Keion looks better playing with other good players than he does being the star.  

Keion is a smart kid.  His interviews are polished, better than probably all of our guys aside from Juwan and sometimes DeRon.  I've seen Keion messing around with teammates pre-game, and he seems like a good influence there, too.  Kind of looking to be loose and have fun.  

I think Keion succeeds because he's a basketball player to the core.  He is tall and decently athletic, but he doesn't have Romeo's speed and ups or TJD's smooth, explosive power.  I think Keion may adapt to the college game well because he seems to play a team-oriented kind of basketball.  I'd say he prefers to make a play in the paint, but still shot almost 36% from 3 at EYBL last year.  

I’ve got this theory going on with the theme Keion has been using on twitter with counting down the days using basketball players jersey numbers. A part of me thinks he’s been sitting it up to include in some capacity a picture of Romeo rocking number zero to signify his commitment. Could be during or after but I just feel like that’s his angle with the jersey numbers 

FINALLY a sane post that makes complete sense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Honestly I have asked. A lot of people. Everybody had gut feel but nothing of what they have heard since he said he was announcing. My gut says UK but potential signs in both directions. I wouldn’t bet my house either way.

Brass Cannon helped bury his friends dog
KBJ, TDJ, and AF are going to Applebee's for strawberry shakes after the announcement. Or they may go to Showgirl 3 and get sloppy drunk. This seems to be a great point of consternation.
Aloha got hammered at a golf tournament. He's better now.

Thanks for the recap tiny

KBJ, TDJ, and AF are going to Applebee's for strawberry shakes after the announcement. Or they may go to Showgirl 3 and get sloppy drunk. This seems to be a great point of consternation.

That dog burial was pretty cool actually. Lose a dog and you know the pain. Kudos Brass.

Kentucky fans eat dogs.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

No, night before the last day of the tourney and I was 2 shots off the lead. I had started drinking almost immediately after the round before and didn’t stop until about 4 hours before my tee time. It was for a championship though. I had issues back then.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Is that you John Daly?!

Sounds like another day on BTB!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

This is what I keep coming back to. I know they’re good friends and talk everyday but... wouldn’t a call or text saying I’m going to puke be enough? Two scenarios about Franklin and Jackson-Davis attending

1) they really don’t know where he’s committing and just hoping it’s IU. Why wouldn’t Keion tell them though? Maybe they are good enough friends to make that drive for a puke commit to support their friend.

2) they know he’s committing to IU.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Or...

3) Keion wants them both present for his decision for the same reason he wants all his LaLu teammates present...because they have been important to him throughout his career...regardless of his decision, he may have invited them out of respect.  And, as good friends, why would they not drive there to reciprocate the respect and to prove they are behind him no matter what his decision?

Maybe I view important friendships differently than some others?

I think it’s awesome that AF and TDJ are going to the announcement, but I would caution to not get too excited. It could mean everything, but with everything being so closely kept, why would they tell people they are going if it would tip off where he was picking? No being a Debbie-Downer, but I think it’s being overplayed that they are going. However, us fans love picking out these things as hopefuls.

I really hope we get Brooks, it would be incredible, but no reason to fault him for picking UK if he feels it’s better for him. I hate everything UK, but they are a better program than we are right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners