Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

1 minute ago, HoosierX said:

It’s easy for me to buy the narrative that they want to support their good friend regardless of his decision.

The idea that they are going to hang out, especially considering TJD’s circumstances, is borderline idiotic.

While I guess they could hangout before, it's not likely they'd have much time afterwards. It's not like Brooks will make the call and then immediately head over to Applebee's with his bud's. He's going to have a ton of media obligations following the announcement, which will take a considerable amount of time. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

And tons of athletes. Tons do it. That’s the real world. 

Maybe if they ride the bench. This isn't Blue Mountain State. Trayce didn't work all season to show up to semistate hungover after getting hammered the night before. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Maybe if they ride the bench. This isn't Blue Mountain State. Trayce didn't work all season to show up to semistate hungover after getting hammered the night before. 

Who said he was going to get hammered. It’s possible to socialize with your buds and not get hammered. 

While I guess they could hangout before, it's not likely they'd have much time afterwards. It's not like Brooks will make the call and then immediately head over to Applebee's with his bud's. He's going to have a ton of media obligations following the announcement, which will take a considerable amount of time. 

So he gets out of school around 4 and hits the road immediately. He gets there around 6:30 and they hangout for an hour. After the announcement, Keion spends some time in interviews and they hangout for another hour or so. That’s 5 hours of driving for a few hours of hanging out.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

So he gets out of school around 4 and hits the road immediately. He gets there around 6:30 and they hangout for an hour. After the announcement, Keion spends some time in interviews and they hangout for another hour or so. That’s 5 hours of driving for a few hours of hanging out.

And to be there for their friend...  Do people on this board not have friends they would do this for?  

18 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Oh I forgot high schoolers especially athletes don’t party or drink. How could that have slipped my mind. 

You guys struggling to twist every fact as having some wonderful meaning for IU will be sorely disappointed 

So what FACTS do you have to counter?

That top 5 recruit isn't going to be here next season, and we've gone 17-15 in the time we were fortunate enough to have him. We have two players coming in next season, only one of which will start. Recruiting momentum may not be lost, but I wouldn't say it's trending favorably right now either.

Yes, I’m talking about recruiting momentum. Romeo and TJD back to back is the farthest thing from zero momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, MoyeNeeded said:

So what FACTS do you have to counter?

Counter what?  I postulated a theory. A possible explanation for these kids driving. There’s no proof it’s a theory based on reality. 

The fact they are going doesn’t automatically mean it’s good for IU 

So I log back on to check for new info and I get to sift through 2 or 3 pages of people arguing about whether Trayce is going to get popped tonight. I'm not sure any recruitment has ever been this tight lipped. 

Edited by NashvilleHoosier

And to be there for their friend...  Do people on this board not have friends they would do this for?  

Never played basketball at that level. If I had a golf tournament the next day I doubt I’d be making that trip unless I knew something or the circumstances were right. But..

I did get so hammered the night before a tourney that I showed up hungover and stumbling to the first tee without any warmup. Ha!

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

I did get so hammered the night before a tourney that I showed up hungover and stumbling to the first tee without any warmup. Ha!

I'm guessing that wasn't the night before Semi-state/state?  

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Never played basketball at that level. If I had a golf tournament the next day I doubt I’d be making that trip unless I knew something or the circumstances were right. But..

I drove 4 hours once to help a friend bury his dog. We buried the little guy then I turned around and drove 4 hours back. That was during college so I’m sure I had something the next day. 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You don’t think they will hang out afterwards. Yep let me drive 5 hours round trip for us not to even hang. Lol 

I don’t know why I’m indulging this, but let’s make a hypthothetical timeline.

1) Keion announces at 8

2) Media obligations and talking to others he knows there lasts until 9:30

3) Somehow and inexplicably Keion breaks from his entire family immediately afterward and the three of them find a place to drink together by 10

4) They drink from 10 to 12:30 AM

5) TJD then begins the multi-hour drive home drunk

6) TJD gets home at 3:00 AM the night before a semi-state game

There are almost zero universes in which this is a remote possibility

Just now, HoosierX said:

I don’t know why I’m indulging this, but let’s make a hypthothetical timeline.

1) Keion announces at 8

2) Media obligations and talking to others he knows there lasts until 9:30

3) Somehow and inexplicably Keion breaks from his entire family immediately afterward and the three of them find a place to drink together by 10

4) They drink from 10 to 12:30 AM

5) TJD then begins the multi-hour drive home drunk

6) TJD gets home at 3:00 AM the night before a semi-state game

There are almost zero universes in which this is a remote possibility

Lol no universes involve teenage athletes staying up late. Mmmkay