Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

So very true. I’ve always considered it ok to be critical of players on message boards and never on social media but I’m starting to even question this premise.

I will say I’m certain it’s not just our fanbase but the social media stuff is disgusting and I loathe how people act on it.

I’d say you can call this a “justifiable” reason to pick NOT Indiana.

Although UK fans will do the same stuff, only worse.

Furthermore, winning cures most/all. Other fan bases with huge expectations win WAY more than Indiana so you don’t see it as often.

Consider UK during the NIT season and how they treated their players.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There is no respect any more( or not very much. It is so easy to hide behind a name and call people names about anything at all, but to do it for a game is absolutely stupid!

Edit: I use my real name on Twitter. I didn't here, because my handle represents the 2 things I'm passionate about during Basketball season. But I would have no problem putting it out there if it became something that should be done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Two more crystal ball picks for UK tonight...man I hope it’s all false info and Keion/family are just leading people on to make it a shocker when he picks IU and make these picks wrong. I really really hope Trayce knows something and is going for reasons other than basic support for a friend. 
Its like a flock of sheep. They all follow each other.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

But I think the idea of attending the blue-blood school, with Keion, has kind of weighed on his mind the entire time. 

I guess were not a blue blood despite what some IU still claim. Yesterday could really make for a couple of bad days for our program boy.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Nips, loving the Vodka induced posts. Miss those good old days where some of us did those lol.

Anyway, I’m expecting Brooks to pick UK, but hoping for IU obviously. I have no insider info, but just trying not to get my hopes up. It will suck not to get him, but I also feel IU will be fine.

We will see what happens tomorrow, but wish him the best either way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Really interesting development that TJD is going to be at his announcement. I would think if Keion was going to UK he would tell TJD "Hey, I appreciate this but I'm going to Kentucky. You don't have to come". Especially considering he has a Semi-State game Saturday. Who knows...maybe Keion has said something similar to that. Awesome of TJD to do that regardless. I really do believe that nobody truly knows. I think the UK buzz is coming off of the visit. They just have momentum especially with our crappy Big Ten play this year. The crystal ball isn't always right. 

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I have no idea what he's going to do, I just want to stoke the rumor fires some more.  Keion's announcement at 8:00 ET.  pUKe's game supposed to tip off at 7:00 ET so about halftime Keion announces for pUKe and they can stick a mic under Calipari's nose for his reaction during the halftime break.

This makes sense at first read, but then I realize that if it Keion's announcement is anything like Romeo's commitment celebration (especially if he has a pastor present too) then Keion won't even be on the mic stand until the Wildcats game is long over.

9 hours ago, Old Friend said:

She is absolutely right, and some Indiana fans are very guilty.  It's embarrassing.  There are Twitter stalkers out there who hide behind keyboards and either fawn over kids or insult them.  Neither helps; both hurt; and do nothing but embarrass real fans who understand we're talking about kids.  17 year old kids.  She's right.  Grow up.

Who said it was an IU fan that tweeted at Keion? I'm sure based on the speculation it was, but UK fans are 80% uneducated hilljacks. They say insane things.

2 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Who said it was an IU fan that tweeted at Keion? I'm sure based on the speculation it was, but UK fans are 80% uneducated hilljacks. They say insane things.

When KB swung towards IU in the fall, UK fans were ALL over him telling him he wasn't good enough to play at UK anyway. All fan bases can be idiots; I'd give it just as good of a chance that a UK fan took a shot at him as an IU fan.

The long losing stretch this season pushed Brooks away. It created a toxic culture, especially on social media, that his family noticed. 

Would you think them so naive to fall under the assumption that the pUKe fanbase couldn't possibly be less toxic? Hopefully that's not actually the case. Thick skin will be tested no matter where he goes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app