Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Kentucky game is at 6:00 CST (Nashville), 7:00 EST.  Fort Wayne is EST, so 8:00 will be around half time of that UK game, and close to the start of the second half.  Can't imagine too many BBN faithful turn away from the SEC Network during a Cats game to tune into to a high school recruit who may or may not commit to playing basketball in Lexington.  I bet 95% of UK fans have never even heard of Brooks.  I live in KY, and  almost everyone is a Wildcat fan, but none of them can even name the starting five for UK, probably cant even name 2-3 of them. 

I hear ya, but I don’t think it’s too hard for them to look down at their phone to see where Brooks picks while watching the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Free Jake!!

5 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I hear ya, but I don’t think it’s too hard for them to look down at their phone to see where Brooks picks while watching the game.

Free Jake!!

You may be overestimating the intelligence of the average pUKe fan.

Not getting Keion is a huge miss. It just is. The 2020 class isn’t shaping up to be very good so I don’t see where IU is going to get the players to win at a blueblood level.

I agree it’s a huge miss, but we also have to understand we won’t get every top recruit from the state of Indiana. If we missed on Romeo and Trayce, then I would be worried about missing Keion (if we do). It will suck not to get him, but IU is in on good 2019 options that are 4* recruits.

Really hoping on Friday he will commit to our Hoosiers!!

My father in law (a UK fan, of course, since I live in the bluegrass) is ADAMANT that a decision has been made and that KBJ and family wouldn’t call each of them to travel for hours just to talk one last time.

Me? I’m not so certain, but he just said that he would be shocked if he doesn’t see a large swing in CB picks tomorrow.

Edit: I should say, he, nor I, have ANY insider information. We just both have followed this recruitment and discuss it almost daily. He is one of the few intelligent BBN fans that can talk basketball outside of Lexington

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

41 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I agree it’s a huge miss, but we also have to understand we won’t get every top recruit from the state of Indiana. If we missed on Romeo and Trayce, then I would be worried about missing Keion (if we do). It will suck not to get him, but IU is in on good 2019 options that are 4* recruits.

Really hoping on Friday he will commit to our Hoosiers!!

Yes-We have to realize coaches miss on recruits all the time..Cal missed on Edwards and Wiseman. Coach K has certainly missed on some as well. You can't get everybody. One recuit is not bigger that the program. We all learned that with Romeo. Plus, Archie has got two of the best recruits in Indiana the last two years (TJD and Romeo). The biggest Indiana recruits Crean ever got were Zeller, Yogi, and JBJ. That's it. Three in nine years. Archie could have three in two years. Keion certainly improves this team. However, if he goes to UK then so be it. I still like the roster Archie is building. He needs a shooter and another wing. 

My father in law (a UK fan, of course, since I live in the bluegrass) is ADAMANT that a decision has been made and that KBJ and family wouldn’t call each of them to travel for hours just to talk one last time.

Me? I’m not so certain, but he just said that he would be shocked if he doesn’t see a large swing in CB picks tomorrow.

Edit: I should say, he, nor I, have ANY insider information. We just both have followed this recruitment and discuss it almost daily. He is one of the few intelligent BBN fans that can talk basketball outside of Lexington

If we dont get him we will just have to get a good grad transfer who can play good minutes.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Have to remember, he's not visited Bloomington since September or something.   UK was his last visit.   We're never going to get all of the players; and there are other scholarships out there..this is just the biggest fish left.

I don't mean to put the banana in the tailpipe, but I won't be surprised if we don't land him.  Love it if we do; but I think UK's a tough out for Brooks.

4 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

We’ve got Boot Hoosier Guy and Bailey all on the same train pumping recruiting sunshine what is this new feeling.

Magical feeling. IU is going to make some noise this weekend