Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

40 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Buddy I hope if Keion joins us that you are happy if only for a short time. :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Tough defense, rebounding, snagging in state recruits, and a win streak to close out the year can do wonders for us older posters. Esp what we have had to witness for the last decade. Not saying Iugradman is old lol just me.

Tough defense, rebounding, snagging in state recruits, and a win streak to close out the year can do wonders for us older posters. Esp what we have had to witness for the last decade. Not saying Iugradman is old lol just me.

My freshman year at IU was 11 years ago. Been a fan as long as I can remember. I have never seen a championship but I hope I do someday.

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Mine was 34 years ago - that seems impossible for someone so young. I had it good in my stretch. I came in with the Season on the Brink years, got to see a championship in 87 and a FF in 92 (yeah I stayed more than 4 years don’t judge).

Was at the game when RMK threw the chair and partied all night at the fountain after the championship in 87. Got to see the Alford years , Jay Edwards sweet shot, and the Calbert, Damon, Henderson and Graham teams.

Heck we even had Bill Mallory going to a bowl game about every year. We also won a soccer championship.

Was a great time to be a Hoosier.

I love it. Thanks for sharing :) 

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

Mine was 34 years ago - that seems impossible for someone so young. I had it good in my stretch. I came in with the Season on the Brink years, got to see a championship in 87 and a FF in 92 (yeah I stayed more than 4 years don’t judge).

Was at the game when RMK threw the chair and partied all night at the fountain after the championship in 87. Got to see the Alford years , Jay Edwards sweet shot, and the Calbert, Damon, Henderson and Graham teams.

Heck we even had Bill Mallory going to a bowl game about every year. We also won a soccer championship.

Was a great time to be a Hoosier.

I loved my time at IU but man did we have a different sporting experience. I started in the fall of 06 and graduated in the spring of 2011. I had to watch the collapse of the EJ team followed by 6, 12, and 13 win seasons coupled with a football team that routinely lost to Ball State. God I hope those days are behind us for good.

I was an IU student when Coach Lou Watson won the recruiting battle for George McGinnis and Steve Downing in 1969. Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson-Davis would be a somewhat comparable recruiting coup, though McGinnis was in a class by himself--arguably the best player to put on an IU uniform.  Freshman couldn't play back then but McGinnis led the Big Ten in scoring and rebounding his Sophomore and only year at IU before signing with the Pacers as a "hardship" case as they were called then.  McGinnis, Downing, and Joby Wright--three high school All Americans--weren't enough as IU had a disappointing season leading to Watson's dismissal and the hiring of Bobby Knight. In other words, don't expect too much next year even if IU snags Brooks.

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

I was an IU student when Coach Lou Watson won the recruiting battle for George McGinnis and Steve Downing in 1969. Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson-Davis would be a somewhat comparable recruiting coup, though McGinnis was in a class by himself--arguably the best player to put on an IU uniform.  Freshman couldn't play back then but McGinnis led the Big Ten in scoring and rebounding his Sophomore and only year at IU before signing with the Pacers as a "hardship" case as they were called then.  McGinnis, Downing, and Joby Wright--three high school All Americans--weren't enough as IU had a disappointing season leading to Watson's dismissal and the hiring of Bobby Knight. In other words, don't expect too much next year even if IU snags Brooks.

Nice transition to roll this thread back to Keion Brooks Jr.

It’s early Wednesday and there is still not glaringly credible chatter out of Fort Wayne. I am not saying IU or UK, but it doesn’t seem like the people making definitive guesses or the Crystal Ball would have snowballed (only time I trust it).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

It’s early Wednesday and there is still not glaringly credible chatter out of Fort Wayne. I am not saying IU or UK, but it doesn’t seem like the people making definitive guesses or the Crystal Ball would have snowballed (only time I trust it).

So, in the alternative, we will spend the day reveling in glaringly incredible chatter!

Here me out! Just a thought. Brian snow seems like he's getting his information from family. Peegs, Snow & Rabjohns are saying that he's leaning to UK. All three seem to be extremely close to the family. I think they already know that he's already IU bound. Could they be doing this in attempt to keep the suspense for the Brooks family by saying that Kentucky leads .All three have said that he's leaning to UK but that Archie is still in contact with Brooks daily. Maybe it's a reach but none of them will say that it's completely over.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Or ... it could be; just might be, that Peegs, Snow, and Rabby are telling the truth: that they think he's leaning toward UK but that the family hasn't given a definitive answer, that Archie is in contact every day, and that there is still potential for either school.

Now THAT would be a freaky theory!  lol

Looks like the sarcasm button on your keyboard got stuck while you were typing this up, lol. May want to check that out :)

Let's just get it over.  I've reached the point as I did with Romeo that I'm tired of the whole thing.  I was pleasantly surprised when we did land Romeo and I'll be just as surprised if we land Keion.  If we don't, we'll still have a good product on the court next year.  The hoopla surrounding some of these announcements is just too overboard and it's gotten tiresome and boring kinda like watching CSpan.