Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Are in home visits allowed right now? Could we even have one with him up at La La?

We did not make a last week visit with Darius right? So if these happen and we don’t go, that would be another clue

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The scary reality is Archie has to plan that way. The doctor's don't know at all since it is a condition. Now, that doesn't mean Jerome can't light it up and be a B1G POY someday. 

If it’s blood clots* then another year on blood thinners and practicing with limited contact could help. I had two episodes of clotting in a short amount of time, 8 months, and then went 8 years off blood thinners before I clotted again. If we land Brooks it could give Hunter, if willing, another year to get right.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Are in home visits allowed right now? Could we even have one with him up at La La?

We did not make a last week visit with Darius right? So if these happen and we don’t go, that would be another clue

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Last I heard the family was done with visits. Archie made the trip to Vandy and watched him practice a couple weeks before he announced

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

II'm torn about Brooks. In all honesty, things seem great for IU, but there just isn't anything to go off to be confident besides a few rumors here & there.

Then UK seems like they have just as good of a chance & Peegs picking UK is something. He has made ONE pick all year, so for him to say he just went with it is weird to me. I worry Snow has passed on info & Peegs ran with it. Rabs & Peegs have been wrong in a few IU battles as well so I could be wrong.

The rivals guys & Snow/Daniels are the only guys I pay attention to on the CB mostly & Meyer too every now & then(usually his last minute picks are solid).

Overall I just see IU having a few more advantages. I have heard if he visits for Rutgers it will be a last minute thing so we likely won't hear anything until Friday night at the earliest. It will be an atmosphere thing imo though so if we lose tonight I doubt he visits, but I also doubt it would hold much weight on his decision. I see a visit as a "wanna be sure" thing if he really is going back and forth.  We will know for sure in 8 days & it's going to be a LONG 8 DAYS.

I wanna add that right now it sounds like no visit is happening, but I still think it makes sense if he is really on edge so I wouldnt be surprised. The visit to me was more of an to be sure thing which could go in either favor. I also think it's possible that Peegs could be helping with the suspense or that he is playing it safe so if he comes to IU. To sum it up it's still too close to call. I truly believe any pick made before Wednesday is based off gut feelings. Wednesday & beyond are the ones I will take serious.

II'm torn about Brooks. In all honesty, things seem great for IU, but there just isn't anything to go off to be confident besides a few rumors here & there.
Then UK seems like they have just as good of a chance & Peegs picking UK is something. He has made ONE pick all year, so for him to say he just went with it is weird to me. I worry Snow has passed on info & Peegs ran with it. Rabs & Peegs have been wrong in a few IU battles as well so I could be wrong.
The rivals guys & Snow/Daniels are the only guys I pay attention to on the CB mostly & Meyer too every now & then(usually his last minute picks are solid).
Overall I just see IU having a few more advantages. I have heard if he visits for Rutgers it will be a last minute thing so we likely won't hear anything until Friday night at the earliest. It will be an atmosphere thing imo though so if we lose tonight I doubt he visits, but I also doubt it would hold much weight on his decision. I see a visit as a "wanna be sure" thing if he really is going back and forth.  We will know for sure in 8 days & it's going to be a LONG 8 DAYS.

Winning several basketball games in the next 8 days would be nice and then winning a recruiting battle in 8 days will just top it off.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I wanna add that right now it sounds like no visit is happening, but I still think it makes sense if he is really on edge so I wouldnt be surprised. The visit to me was more of an to be sure thing which could go in either favor. I also think it's possible that Peegs could be helping with the suspense or that he is playing it safe so if he comes to IU. To sum it up it's still too close to call. I truly believe any pick made before Wednesday is based off gut feelings. Wednesday & beyond are the ones I will take serious.
Peggs doesnt know anything imo. He wants you to think he knows stuff so you pay him 10 a month.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Peggs doesnt know anything imo. He wants you to think he knows stuff so you pay him 10 a month.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Truthfully if I paid it'd be for Snow. He seems to lean towards UK a bit, but Evans & Bossi are two of my favorites too & they like IU's chances so I have no idea what to think honestly lol. We're exactly a week away now.

26 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

No one changes channels to watch Guy at VA or Wilkes at UCLA. If Brooks leaves the state, he becomes just another forgotten man in Indiana. I'd rather see a PU commit than KY or MSU.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using BtownBanners mobile app

Pretty much how I feel about Indiana guys who go out of state (minus the Purdue part haha). If they choose to go out of state I'll wish them well, but then I forget about them. If Brooks goes to UK or MSU then I hope he reaches his dreams. I just won't be watching unless he plays against IU. 

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't live in Indiana so maybe your comment doesn't pertain to me, but have you watched Kyle Guy play? He's really good and really fun to watch. 

I agree. I'm a native Hoosier and IU alum, but live in Virginia now (so maybe I'm a little biased), and I love watching Kyle Guy play. In fact, the two teams I watch more than any others are IU and U.Va. I'm disappointed that he's not at IU, but from all I've read and have gotten here, that's probably more on Crean than it is on Guy.