Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Rabjohns would not have traveled to cover Garland's announcement if he thought it was Vandy.
He had like 80% of the crystal balls to vandy. I never for one second thought he was picking iu.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

He had like 80% of the crystal balls to vandy. I never for one second thought he was picking iu.

That may be but there were several saying IU. I looked back and of reading the crystal ball page right Jerry Meyer made his pick at 11 am the day Darius chose. I thought he had actually picked Indiana before that but could be wrong. My memory tells me that it looked good early that morning then around 10 word started getting out it was Vandy and the Jerry made his pick and it was deemed over after that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That may be but there were several saying IU. I looked back and of reading the crystal ball page right Jerry Meyer made his pick at 11 am the day Darius chose. I thought he had actually picked Indiana before that but could be wrong. My memory tells me that it looked good early that morning then around 10 word started getting out it was Vandy and the Jerry made his pick and it was deemed over after that.

Ok but i was 95% convinced he was going to vandy even weeks before.

A lot of people including "insiders" thought Garland was going to Indiana. I remember it very well...it wasn't till the morning of his announcement that things began to sway heavily towards Vandy.  Also, as someone mentioned...Rabjohns wouldn't have traveled hours for announcement if he thought the choice was anything but Indiana. Also, if memory serves me well - wasn't Rabjohns disappointed after the announcement? -- he felt as though he was dragged along by the Garlands?

Edited by Hoosier987

As I recall, the tide began to turn when Andrew Slater placed his pick for Vanderbilt about two weeks before the announcement. Even Nashville native Jerry Meyer hailed the pick as a potential game changer on Twitter, despite not changing his own pick until the day of. That said, the chatter right up until that morning was still that it could go either way between Indiana and Vanderbilt, until word did leak out. Anyone remember that Paul Biancardi column that went up at ESPN hours before Garland's scheduled announcement?

The above is why the Andrew Slater pick for Keion to Kentucky is what has me concerned the most, at the moment.

As I recall, the tide began to turn when Andrew Slater placed his pick for Vanderbilt about two weeks before the announcement. Even Nashville native Jerry Meyer hailed the pick as a potential game changer on Twitter, despite not changing his own pick until the day of. That said, the chatter right up until that morning was still that it could go either way between Indiana and Vanderbilt, until word did leak out. Anyone remember that Paul Biancardi column that went up at ESPN hours before Garland's scheduled announcement?
The above is why the Andrew Slater pick for Keion to Kentucky is what has me concerned the most, at the moment.
Agree Slater picking UK concerns me as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Like i said i expected vandy weeks before. Maybe some didnt butit was no surprise to me at all.

Like i said i expected vandy weeks before. Maybe some didnt butit was no surprise to me at all.

There were certainly some that were thinking/saying vandy weeks before but there were just as many people saying IU including the media guys like Raby and some of this sites insiders

There were certainly some that were thinking/saying vandy weeks before but there were just as many people saying IU including the media guys like Raby and some of this sites insiders

True but i never listen to much rabby has to say. His track record isnt that great. I would certainly never pay 10 a month for his so called nuggets

Something that gives me hope. Dain Ervin had the oldest pick on both Romeo and Darius Garland both were correct. He also has the oldest for KBJ and it’s IU. I wonder if he’s got some in with our staff 
He is coming to iu. Right hoosier guy??

3 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Wow you got alot of time on your hands. All i said wss hoosier guy gave us some hope.

It only took me a few minutes. Not that hard to look up especially when you smell BS. 

And your reactions sure don't sound like you were confident it was Vandy for weeks. 

I know many are stating that the Slater/Meyer CB picks concern them, but both of them flipped/picked UK on 2/19 (2 days after his visit to UK) and still there wasn't a HUGE overwhelming majority flocking to UK.  I think both of those picks were guesses based upon what those were hearing about how the visit/game went, but no real indication on what KBJ was leaning towards doing.

Now, if either of them flip flop back to IU before friday or a LARGE number of people randomly flip to UK/IU in the days leading up to 3/15, THEN i'll be convinced someone knows something...

I know many are stating that the Slater/Meyer CB picks concern them, but both of them flipped/picked UK on 2/19 (2 days after his visit to UK) and still there wasn't a HUGE overwhelming majority flocking to UK.  I think both of those picks were guesses based upon what those were hearing about how the visit/game went, but no real indication on what KBJ was leaning towards doing.

Now, if either of them flip flop back to IU before friday or a LARGE number of people randomly flip to UK/IU in the days leading up to 3/15, THEN i'll be convinced someone knows something...
All of the CB's are guesses to an extent. My question is was that Slater's first submission for Keion or did he have MSU/IU before the KY pick?

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app