Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

I always get a good laugh out of how we interpret tweets and now I'm being guility of that as well.   Lot of the top recruits have the big pre-announcement and then the build-up to their actual announcement as did Romeo last year and there's nothing wrong with that.  The selfish tweet came from Dad, not Jr.  Maybe it's a reference to it's Junior's time to selfishly be in that spotlight for the next 11 days.  

I always get a good laugh out of how we interpret tweets and now I'm being guility of that as well.   Lot of the top recruits have the big pre-announcement and then the build-up to their actual announcement as did Romeo last year and there's nothing wrong with that.  The selfish tweet came from Dad, not Jr.  Maybe it's a reference to it's Junior's time to selfishly be in that spotlight for the next 11 days.  

No, time for Junior to be selfish and not join friends Jackson-Davis and Franklin but to go make money at Kentucky.

Or... be selfish and tell Junior he won’t love his son if he goes to IU

Or... he’s being selfish by taking the last piece of bacon

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Hope it's IU. Kinda like the kid. By chance if it's UK. I wash my hands of him. I, in noooo way root for anyone or anything associated with that school. That is how I was raised and the way my children were brought up. SoInd proud! It is bad enough that those Hilljacks have invaded our region here. Keep your freakn' pUKe gear out of my stores and off of my streets!

F#&k UK!

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Apparently OldFart is actually Tom Crean.

Other than that? Not much.

56 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Would've never guessed unless it was oldfartwithtanlines, but then again that name is pretty long.

Just so you both know, I'm makin' a list and I'm checkin' it twice.

5 hours ago, JHoosier914 said:

I did not mean to imply that we, as fans, shouldn't or can't speculate what will happen.  Hell, that's half the fun of recruiting.  However, there are an ENDLESS number of possibilities that these tweets/hashtags could imply since they do not come from the player himself.

I know you didn't imply that, and I know there was no rude intent.  I was merely admitting you're right and that I'm guilty.  No worries!

4 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Hope it's IU. Kinda like the kid. By chance if it's UK. I wash my hands of him. I, in noooo way root for anyone or anything associated with that school. That is how I was raised and the way my children were brought up. SoInd proud! It is bad enough that those Hilljacks have invaded our region here. Keep your freakn' pUKe gear out of my stores and off of my streets!

Preach

So it sounds like it's down to IU, UK, and Michigan State. UCLA (no coach), UNC (too far from home), and Purdue are out. He has an interesting decision. I think regardless he is a two year player. It sounds like he wants the school with the best path to the NBA. 
Indiana- Starter from Day 1 and probably the go to guy (IU is probably the only school where he would be the #1 option). Team is probably a borderline top 25 team next year with him. However, his sophomore year they could be something really special. Good buddies with TJD and Armaan. Could probably be a lottery pick/1st rounder after two years. 
Kentucky- Starter from Day 1 but probably the #3 or #4 best player. And it most likely stays that way. Cal will bring in more players over him. Ask Doron Lamb, Terrence Jones, Isaiah Briscoe, Harrison Twins, etc. PJ Washington and Tyler Ulis are  probably the only UK players under Cal who helped themselves by staying another year. I don't think Cal is very good at developing players like Keion-players who really need to stick around two more years. UK will always be a top ten team under Cal. 2nd Round pick after two years. I just think Cal recruits more "talented" players over Keion and that could hurt his stock and development. 
Michigan State- Starter from Day 1 but the #3 or #4 option his first year and then probably the #1 option his sophomore year. Michigan State will be National Title good next year (assuming the three juniors come back plus some depth) and decent his sophomore year. Could probably be a lottery pick/1st rounder after two years. 
I saw someone say this on either this board or another board, but I think UK is the #3 option. In all honesty, I think Michigan State might be the best fit for him. Potentially win a title your freshman year and be the best player returning your sophomore year with Watts, Hall, Henry, etc. Izzo has good history with In-state and LaLu kids (Randolph, Dawson, Harris, Jackson Jr).  IU is a good choice. He knows TJD and Armaan well. Rob and Al will only get better. Jerome Hunter could be a key piece as well. They will be a young team his freshman year but by the time he is a sophomore they could be final four/national title good. We shall see. Also, Romeo is going to be a lottery pick and has said good things to Keion. 
My Pick: I think IU gets him. Michigan State 2nd and UK 3rd. I think TJD and Armaan are going to help. If he didn't have a connection with those two, mainly TJD, I don't think IU gets him. Play at home for two years, be a lottery pick, play with good friends, and potentially have a good team in year 2. 

Good post! I’m not so sure Keion would be our #1 option next year. Maybe, but Phinisee will (HOPEFULLY) have the ball in his hands a lot next year and (HOPEFULLY) be driving the lanes. Also, TJD/Davis give us legit post presence so gotta think the ball is going into the paint quite a bit.

Regardless of any of that, I think you’re right- IU has a great opportunity to get him. I think IU could potentially be better than a borderline top 25 team if the team isn’t derailed by more injury problems or internal division.

Phinisee
Durham
Brooks
TJD
Davis

Bench: Race, Green, Hunter, Franklin

There’s some real possibilities there...talent-wise that could be top 15 type team if Archie gets his act together

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app