Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

4 minutes ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

Seriously? Most of them on the bench? AD, Booker, KAT, Wall, etc. He is excellent at getting guys prepared for the NBA. If he wasn't top recruits wouldnt flock there every year. It would be hard to tell a kid to pass up an opportunity like that. Especially to go play for a coach who has never had a single player drafted in the NBA and hasn't help Romeo at all IMO.

Those players are already immensely talented and they end up there due to World Wide Wes/Nike. 

10 minutes ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

Seriously? Most of them on the bench? AD, Booker, KAT, Wall, etc. He is excellent at getting guys prepared for the NBA. If he wasn't top recruits wouldnt flock there every year. It would be hard to tell a kid to pass up an opportunity like that. Especially to go play for a coach who has never had a single player drafted in the NBA and hasn't help Romeo at all IMO.

Lol so with like 30 plus guys in the NBA you cherry pick 4 or 5 as some proof. Like 4 years ago not a single Kentucky player was starting for a playoff team. 

He does not get those kids ready. Most of them end up on the bench in the pros and every single one of them was NBA bound anyway
There is absolutely no player development at Kentucky. Same player goes in and same player comes out. (Except for a couple) going to Kentucky gets you on tv and in front of scouts and that is about it...... Well besides a little $$$$$$

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

He has 37 guys in the NBA since 2008; all but 5 of them 20 years of age or under.   13 top ten picks and 3 #1 overall.  Yeah, most may have gone anyway, but that's not really the point.    A kid who used to play for me was one of Calipari's managers for 3 years and told me all about the financial people and money managers he brings in to teach the kids; the nutritionists, the trainers; the wholistic medical people; legal people...  There is a whole lot more to getting a kid ready than what happens on the floor.  Yeah...he does get them ready, and I mentioned mentally and conditioning specifically because I am well aware of the skill development that doesn't happen in college....which was the point of my post.  

I’m sure these kids are ecstatic they were prepared to manage their body and finances for a long pro career that for the most of them isn’t occurring. 

I think some people’s opinion that Archie has hurt or not helped Romeo’s stock since he’s been at IU are dumbfounded. Romeo was projected as a top 5-10 pick before he even stepped foot on campus, and guess what... he’s still projected as a top 5-10 pick now. And let’s be honest he wasn’t going to jump any of the players projected to go in the top 3-5 so that’s a moot point. So to say Archie has hurt or hasn’t developed Romeo just isn’t accurate. I promise you if Keion doesn’t come to IU, Romeo’s development or lack there of (in some people’s opinion) will not be the reason why.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

And it really doesn’t matter what we think of Archie developing Romeo. It’s what Brooks and family see and hear that really matters.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I think some people’s opinion that Archie has hurt or not helped Romeo’s stock since he’s been at IU are dumbfounded. Romeo was projected as a top 5-10 pick before he even stepped foot on campus, and guess what... he’s still projected as a top 5-10 pick now. And let’s be honest he wasn’t going to jump any of the players projected to go in the top 3-5 so that’s a moot point. So to say Archie has hurt or hasn’t developed Romeo just isn’t accurate. I promise you if Keion doesn’t come to IU, Romeo’s development or lack there of (in some people’s opinion) will not be the reason why.

Also the “drop” that is projected for Romeo is largely due to his poor shooting from the first half of the year which isn’t Archie’s fault if Langford’s shots aren’t falling.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol so with like 30 plus guys in the NBA you cherry pick 4 or 5 as some proof. Like 4 years ago not a single Kentucky player was starting for a playoff team. 

Im sorry I forgot to mention D'Aaron Fox, Jamal Murray, Eric Beldson, Willie Cauley Stein, DeMarcus Cousins, Kevin Knox, Julius Randle, Malik Monk, and on and on. Cal wins a lot of games, makes the tournament every year, goes to F4s, wins championships and sends players to the NBA, but hey keep pretending he does nothing for these guys and doesn't prepare them for the next level.

5 minutes ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

Im sorry I forgot to mention D'Aaron Fox, Jamal Murray, Eric Beldson, Willie Cauley Stein, DeMarcus Cousins, Kevin Knox, Julius Randle, Malik Monk, and on and on. Cal wins a lot of games, makes the tournament every year, goes to F4s, wins championships and sends players to the NBA, but hey keep pretending he does nothing for these guys and doesn't prepare them for the next level.

The McDonald’s all Americans who are playing Korea probably got really prepared

Although most of your post is right, I have to add that he only has one championship, not plural championships. Also, he has tanked two programs to the point a full season was vacated and his best player at umass came out and said he was paid. Fits Uk not IU.

Everybody got a plan until you get punched in the face~Iron Mike

9 minutes ago, ctown2grhoosier said:

Who is Eric Beldson?  Is that the person that took Eric Bledsoe's classes for him?

6 minutes ago, JVIU98 said:

Although most of your post is right, I have to add that he only has one championship, not plural championships. Also, he has tanked two programs to the point a full season was vacated and his best player at umass came out and said he was paid. Fits Uk not IU.

I wasn't just talking about national championships. He's got a national championship and multiple SEC championships.

Plus I never said I wanted him as the coach of Indiana or wanted Indiana to be like Kentucky. I was just showing how Cal DOES prepare guys for the NBA

I wasn't just talking about national championships. He's got a national championship and multiple SEC championships.

Sounds like a Purdue mentality to me. Conference championships are great, don’t get me wrong. The ‘76 team doesn’t brag about its conference championship, though. Nor has it bragged about a Maui invitational championship. Are you counting those, too? When someone says, how many championships do you have, you don’t count conference, just sayin.

13 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

The McDonald’s all Americans who are playing Korea probably got really prepared

Seriously so that's your comeback. Because some of his guys are playing overseas and still making a lot of money. How many McDonald's all-americans have went to Duke, Kansas, North Carolina that aren't playing in the NBA right now or never made it to the NBA at all? How many guys has Archie Miller developed in to NBA Talent?

Seriously so that's your comeback. Because some of his guys are playing overseas and still making a lot of money. How many McDonald's all-americans have went to Duke, Kansas, North Carolina that aren't playing in the NBA right now or never made it to the NBA at all? How many guys has Archie Miller developed in to NBA Talent?

He has coached at Dayton for 6 years and IU for 2. Starting this summer that number will be 1. Hopefully it will be more than 1in 30 years, when Archie reaches 65. Years may be off a little.