Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Leaping ability is neutralized when you jump out instead of jumping up. We currently have a lot of players that jump out and not up. I’m hoping with TJD and possibly Keion they’ll jump more vertically and through defenders than horizontally and around defenders. That’s an easy way to get your shot blocked.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Perhaps this explains why I’ve yet to see Smith (with his record-breaking vertical) win a jump ball, yet I believe Indiana has gained the possession to start the game each time Davis (viewed by many as not athletic) has jumped. I’ve been wondering how he hasn’t won any jump balls for Indiana. I realize it’s as much about timing as anything and Davis has a few inches on Smith (as do most of Indiana’s opponents in jump ball situations).  Still...

28 minutes ago, ray said:

Perhaps this explains why I’ve yet to see Smith (with his record-breaking vertical) win a jump ball, yet I believe Indiana has gained the possession to start the game each time Davis (viewed by many as not athletic) has jumped. I’ve been wondering how he hasn’t won any jump balls for Indiana. I realize it’s as much about timing as anything and Davis has a few inches on Smith (as do most of Indiana’s opponents in jump ball situations).  Still...

Bobby Wilkerson was pretty effective at 6' 7" jumping center. 

To be honest, I'm just starting to think regardless of attitude, Smith is just not a very good basketball player. A pretty good athlete? Yes. But the basketball skills just don't seem to be there -- at least from my observations. I've seen him get good positioning on a box out, only to just see the ball bang off his hands as he goes for the rebound. I've seen him shoot an airball from 15 feet. I've seen him shoot an airball from 10 feet. I've seen him nearly break the backboard on a 20-footer. I've seen him make a nice move to get to the bucket, then totally brick what should be a simple layup. ... Maybe he should've just tried football or track -- perhaps those are better suited to his athletic capabilities. With his skill set (or lack thereof), he is never gonna be a scorer. He could be a great defender if he played hard when he's on the court, but he pouts when he's not a bigger part of the offense. And when he is part of the offense, he can't score anyway. It's a Catch 22 for Archie. 

Smith is a volleyball player on a basketball court? Best description here?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I have it on multiple wise authorities beyond the open board that stuff is not being overblown. Don't PM me: if I wanted to say more I would.
Mods generally are not fans of off-court player bashing by name, but when issues are worthy of discussion...

PM me my lovely Stuhoo :)

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

One thing we have going for us is that Archie is doing the recruiting himself and UK is using an assistant. 

It has been said before but the more time that passes the better for IU. It's not a bad thing if this goes until April. He has a tough decision. 

2 hours ago, iuswingman said:

That right there should tell Brooks who has him as a higher priority.  

I've tried to go back and find the tweet and can't, but over the weekend I saw a tweet from one of the UK recruiting site writers and he listed UK's top targets (it was either regardless of class or just 19/20) and he had Brooks at 6th or 7th on the list. I wish I could find it, and of course that doesn't mean that's what Cal's priority list is, but it speaks to Brooks wanting to go where he's needed. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I've tried to go back and find the tweet and can't, but over the weekend I saw a tweet from one of the UK recruiting site writers and he listed UK's top targets (it was either regardless of class or just 19/20) and he had Brooks at 6th or 7th on the list. I wish I could find it, and of course that doesn't mean that's what Cal's priority list is, but it speaks to Brooks wanting to go where he's needed. 

He's certainly not a priority to the fans....Lets not forget also that UK fans were literally tweeting Brooks that they didn't want him in Lexington

Edited by Hoosier987

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

I wonder if Brooks has seen it.  Either way, I doubt he cares considering it's what the Kentucky coaching staff tells him (whether genuine or not) that should matter to him.  Unfortunately, what his parents say matters to him as well.  I hope they leave it up to him in the end.

Another positive going for Indiana is that this thread has far exceeded the mandatory 100 pages.

I wonder if Brooks has seen it.  Either way, I doubt he cares considering it's what the Kentucky coaching staff tells him (whether genuine or not) that should matter to him.  Unfortunately, what his parents say matters to him as well.  I hope they leave it up to him in the end.
Another positive going for Indiana is that this thread has far exceeded the mandatory 100 pages.

That seems to be the biggest hurdle, parents wanting him to go to UK to be a one-and-done. While it didn’t hurt with Romeo, Archie needs to have NBA developing success to consistently bring in top talent, especially in-state.

Really, really hope Brooks comes to IU. I have no insider info about his decision, but I worry he will be a Wildcat. Come on Archie, bring this one home!

I am just posting to get Keion back on top of our recruiting list.  Can't wait to see how this class shapes up!  I worry to much about recruiting when there is such a small chance of playing in Big Dance!

Go Hoosiers!!

When it looks like you’re going to miss the dance, recruiting is one thing to keep looking forwards to