Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

I wonder if Brooks mindset will be influenced  if he thinks Green and Smith will be gone and the young guys he would be playing with would include TJD, Hunter, Franklin, Rob etc. Things might look a lot different (more positive) to him.

I think it will depend a lot on what Romeo thinks of all this. If Romeo stands behind Archie and Indiana after all this then that says a lot and Brooks will listen.

If he has regrets then it does not matter. I am sure they have talked some.

So, anyone know what Romeo thinks of all this? I like how he is still signing autographs and thought he played very good D last night.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

41 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I think it will depend a lot on what Romeo thinks of all this. If Romeo stands behind Archie and Indiana after all this then that says a lot and Brooks will listen.

If he has regrets then it does not matter. I am sure they have talked some.

So, anyone know what Romeo thinks of all this? I like how he is still signing autographs and thought he played very good D last night.

Romeo had a drastically changed attitude last night. Hoping he's pro-CAM...

3 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

Eric Bossi over on Rivals says he think we still lead.

The more time that goes by after his visit is better for us.

Can you link the article? I searched but couldn’t find it 

3 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Interesting UK just offered 2020 PF Isaiah Todd tonight...from what I've been seeing he is most likely reclassifying to 2019. How many schollies does UK have left for 2019 assuming 2-3 go pro (only 2 players on NBAdraft.net from Kentucky getting drafted)?

They rarely ever have more then 10 on the roster at any one time to begin with. They’ll have room no matter who leaves or doesn’t leave 

Maybe it’s a weak moment for me because I generally am optimistic about things, but TBH I’m having a really hard time believing anything positive is going to happen any time soon for us. I never doubted that PUke would hit the game winner last night. I don’t believe in curses but man, I could be swayed right now. I’m going with the “No way KBJ comes to IU” viewpoint. Damn, I hate being pessimistic....

There seems to be a lot of personal slander against these guys off of very few facts. They've not been great this year, and maybe they're bad in the locker room, but it seems like mostly speculation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you seen the observations from last night in the team chemistry thread that 41 made??

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

With the conversation of locker room toxicity surrounding particular players affecting the team's play, coaching, and recruiting you have to wonder if the internal issues have been discussed with Brooks & Co. Maybe any planned roster adjustments have been disclosed to him. If they're still talking CAM would almost have to address it as the head coach recruiting incoming talent. Give him and family assurance that the toxicity will be dealt with, he won't be walking into a locker room full of jr high nonsense, and that the focus WILL be basketball only. To ignore or downplay an issue this obvious to high end prospects is not a good look.

With the conversation of locker room toxicity surrounding particular players affecting the team's play, coaching, and recruiting you have to wonder if the internal issues have been discussed with Brooks & Co. Maybe any planned roster adjustments have been disclosed to him. If they're still talking CAM would almost have to address it as the head coach recruiting incoming talent. Give him and family assurance that the toxicity will be dealt with, he won't be walking into a locker room full of jr high nonsense, and that the focus WILL be basketball only. To ignore or downplay an issue this obvious to high end prospects is not a good look.

Are these the “tough questions” that Keion needed answers to he referred to after visiting puke?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

21 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Are these the “tough questions” that Keion needed answers to he referred to after visiting puke?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I watched one of AssemblyCall's podcasts on Monday, and they said there are several sources who say Keion absolutely wants to go to IU, but his parents and family want him to go to UK, which is why UK seems to be in the driver's seat.  I'm still holding out hope, and of course we would take Keion with open arms, but if we miss, I really hope Archie and company get in 2 pure shooters in 2019's class. 

I watched one of AssemblyCall's podcasts on Monday, and they said there are several sources who say Keion absolutely wants to go to IU, but his parents and family want him to go to UK, which is why UK seems to be in the driver's seat.  I'm still holding out hope, and of course we would take Keion with open arms, but if we miss, I really hope Archie and company get in 2 pure shooters in 2019's class. 
Interesting. Seems like kentucky is his 2nd choice but parents have big pull.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk