Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I feel like in the end staying home and playing with TJD and Franklin at IU will win out. But who knows with the way things have been going. This does have a Romeo recruitment feel to it imo as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

TJD and Franklin being the main factors. I agree

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Hasn't he been close for about three months now???

Gotta be careful in believing what you read on the internet when it doesn't come from the source. All Brooks has ever said was that he was ready to get this over with but wasn't going to rush. I think some "insiders" got a little too confident in the tea leaves and put out some very incorrect stuff. Which is sort of their MO...post pro IU comments when the rumor mills start to pick up, make it seem like it's confidential intel and hope it sticks. The fact is no one has ever known where Brooks is going because I don't believe (much like the Romeo recruitment) they know yet where he's going. So all the "it's a done deal, staff has been informed" crap is nothing more than people who enjoy the attention of pretending to be in the know. If there ever were to be inside recruiting info leaked on a message board it would come from someone inside the player's "camp". It would never come from the staff so the people who continuously claim to be in the know on every recruitment are just making stuff up. Sam Story included.

14 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Gotta be careful in believing what you read on the internet when it doesn't come from the source. All Brooks has ever said was that he was ready to get this over with but wasn't going to rush. I think some "insiders" got a little too confident in the tea leaves and put out some very incorrect stuff. Which is sort of their MO...post pro IU comments when the rumor mills start to pick up, make it seem like it's confidential intel and hope it sticks. The fact is no one has ever known where Brooks is going because I don't believe (much like the Romeo recruitment) they know yet where he's going. So all the "it's a done deal, staff has been informed" crap is nothing more than people who enjoy the attention of pretending to be in the know. If there ever were to be inside recruiting info leaked on a message board it would come from someone inside the player's "camp". It would never come from the staff so the people who continuously claim to be in the know on every recruitment are just making stuff up. Sam Story included.

I was more or less joking with that post. ... Kinda tongue in cheek (mainly for the reasons you stated -- "insiders" who claim to know what's going on, but really don't have any more of a clue than the rest of us.) ... But I've appreciated everyone's lessons on what to believe and not to believe! 

Curious to see what “changes” Archie implements. If those include Romeo’s time then I would love to hear what the Brooks think of that.

Just now, IUrocker said:

Someone on the other site just posted that he was told Brooks called the staff on the way back to Indiana letting them know he was going to Kentucky, official announcement in a week....but it was the person’s very first post...

Lol

Someone on the other site just posted that he was told Brooks called the staff on the way back to Indiana letting them know he was going to Kentucky, official announcement in a week....but it was the person’s very first post...never seen before..lol

That poster literally joined hsn 2 mins before he posted.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Someone on the other site just posted that he was told Brooks called the staff on the way back to Indiana letting them know he was going to Kentucky, official announcement in a week....but it was the person’s very first post...never seen before..lol

Yet other people have been reporting that isn't how the conversation went at all lol

Pretty funny seeing all these people try to get the “insider” label knowing the final decision when the kid himself still doesn’t know for sure. Things change daily folks, think of 18 year old relationships.... nothing is set in stone until the letter is signed.    Best thing we can do is be normal and talk about our current roster.  Cus that’s a lot of fun to talk about right now :)

Romeo watched us lose to Rutgers, Indiana State, and IPFW right? He and TJD visited other schools after IU right? Even though this season has been a massive disappointment, Archie and Co. have given us no reason to worry when it comes to recruiting. Gotta trust the process

Damn logic

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk