Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

IMO UK is always a factor. They can swoop in and change a recruitment at anytime.
UK can be just as bad for us when they miss a few targets than when they don’t. Now a guy like Brooks who was maybe 2nd on their wishlist moves to 1st when their number 1 recruits chooses another school instead of them. Some players don’t like being on a waiting list, some look at it as a break that falls in their favor. $ is unfortunately the name of the game.
That being said, it seems at least a couple of our inside guys still feel we are the team to beat.
Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hoosier Guy says Iu.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

That would be interesting with Brooks at the 4. I don’t know how I would truly feel about two freshman at the 4 and 5.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I never thought it would happen. Pictured him as a 2 or 3 for us.  But imagine MSU may have thought about him at 4

I definitely see him as a 3 for us. I know TJD is a 5 right now but does he have the skills to play the 4 if somehow DD comes back and fills the 5? I would Ike that frontcourt very much, especially if Smith is no longer in the picture. If Smith is back next year I fear Archie will continue to force him into lineups and we’ll be in for another very long season.

I definitely see him as a 3 for us. I know TJD is a 5 right now but does he have the skills to play the 4 if somehow DD comes back and fills the 5? I would Ike that frontcourt very much, especially if Smith is no longer in the picture. If Smith is back next year I fear Archie will continue to force him into lineups and we’ll be in for another very long season.

I believe Brooks is a “big wing” that could play the 3 or 4 depending on the lineup.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

He does but that has been going strong about a year and a half since Romeo’s recruitment heated up. Not quite the daily reminder it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed.  Didn't mean anything bad just that he's a big IU homer and believe all recruits IU wants will go to IU.  I hope we get Keion but him saying that should not mean nothing more than hoping just like I do.

Agreed.  Didn't mean anything bad just that he's a big IU homer and believe all recruits IU wants will go to IU.  I hope we get Keion but him saying that should not mean nothing more than hoping just like I do.

I get what you’re saying but don’t recall him saying that about T Watford or Hurt.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Drew Davis was on with Kent Sterling earlier today and commented that he felt IU was still in a good position with Brooks.  His season at LaLu ends at the end of this month and he'll have a chance to get back home and discuss his recruitment with his parents and make a final decision.

FWIW, Davis also commented that Matthew Hurt was a really long shot for IU - no surprise there IMO.

2 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

told ya...We are still in it for Hurt!

Disclaimer: this person has ZERO knowledge about anything or anyone and don't care. suck it

When's that Idiotrod canine crawl start that all you Eskimos get so ga-ga over?  You going to keep us updated again this year?

I always assumed TJD was more of a 4 in the first place. His size doesn’t really scream big ten center and with Jake, Clifton, and hopefully DD in the fold, Archie will have plenty of size at his disposal to bench Justin if need be.

10 hours ago, RatpigHoosier said:

I really like your thinking here. I think the only chance here would be if Green is still with the team. Well known DD and Green are best buds.  My take is that they are their own little clique.