Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

On 1/18/2019 at 6:23 PM, GaryP said:

He may be. I’m trying to get a handle on how legitimate he may be on what he knows.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I've never met the guy but I'm told he's legit on what he knows. He has influence I know that for sure. Her is also a basketball junkie

I’m sorry, the more we play like absolute ****, the less I think he’s coming here. I just don’t see any 5star recruit (besides TJD) taking us seriously right now

Kind of a dumb point. There’s clearly a need for a scorer, clearly guys get open shots, clearly Archie is a good defensive coach, clearly IU is the hometown school, and clearly IU has as much prestige of any school in the nation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Kind of a dumb point. There’s clearly a need for a scorer, clearly guys get open shots, clearly Archie is a good defensive coach, clearly IU is the hometown school, and clearly IU has as much prestige of any school in the nation.

Have you seen Archie’s offense ?!

I'm not going to claim to know if it makes a difference or not but I would imagine that coaches recruit players that have a particular mentality when it comes to matching their style of play. For example, Crean generally seemed to get guys that could score, had no interest in playing defense, and were mentally weak when it came to crunch time. (I say generally because VO, CZ, and JH were a blip in his radar.) Miller comes in and completely flips the script and is defensive minded and demands that first over offensive scheme. Seems to me that we have the unfortunate perfect storm of players that were not recruited for a structured defensive first system trying to fit....but they aren't fitting very well.

How do you change a players mentality from "outscore your opponent" to "defense starts the offense"? I don't know the answer but I think as the roster begins to turnover we may start seeing Archie's stuff come around.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

It will certainly make recruiting harder the way we are playing! I just hope the staff has done enough with Brooks and Izzo hasn’t jumped back in front of us.

We need a brooks verbal in the worst way to lift the spirits with the fan base and give us some hope for the future

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk