Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

18 minutes ago, PittsburghHoosier said:

This is true, Butler, PA is like less than an hour closer to Philly than it is to Bloomington.

Being in Philly, I always forget how damn big this state is when it comes down to it. .I've been making that drive to Rushville and Indy since I was a baby, literally. I'm meeting w my Mom and sister tomorrow and it's going to be about 3.5 hours. Yikes. I'm going to take a half day but should be fun. I'll see what I can get here.

38 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Guys.........

Words cannot describe how stoked I am about LIKELY getting Brooks and Davis.

2 awesome players. Being from the state is a bonus but it’s about the skill set.

AWESOME! Brooks is underrated imo. If that is possible for a top 30 guy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Brooks will get a bump, imo, due to the games he will play in front of national scouts and media. 

It’s remarkable, honestly. Just consider how our in state recruiting has been under our last few coaches. 

Hoping we can get the on court play to match the results of our recruiting. Recruiting is keeping me pacified at the moment. Keep this level up and the results will come, unless Arch is a flop, which is hard for me to imagine.

36 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I think Archie is good enough. If he keeps getting 4 and 5 star talent, we should be fine. Next years team will be better than this one even though we lose our 2 best players.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Then he'd better figure out how to turn the shooting around.  Not a strong point for his teams and will cost them because you still gotta put the ball through the hoop.

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Then he'd better figure out how to turn the shooting around.  Not a strong point for his teams and will cost them because you still gotta put the ball through the hoop.

Shooting (3 PT and FT) as well as TOs have to get better. 

Get TOs down 5 per game. And shooting up 5 percent and were probably a top 20 offense and defense. And none of that is a crazy thing to ask

31 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Shooting (3 PT and FT) as well as TOs have to get better. 

Get TOs down 5 per game. And shooting up 5 percent and were probably a top 20 offense and defense. And none of that is a crazy thing to ask

3pt going up 5 would make us a pretty good shooting team from range.  FTs gotta go up more than that though, we're only at 62% currently.

Maybe better players, like Brooks, would help, but being an established trend I have reservations on that.

Anyway this is off topic.  Let's just get Brooks already.

8 minutes ago, Treesh said:

We’re going to need a transfer correct? 

Clifton Moore and Jake may have to get Creaned.

For Brooks? No, we lose Morgan/Fitzner, and everyone expects Romeo to be a one and done, which gives us 3 open scholarships. We'd most likely need a transfer if we take 4 players in the class.

No one likes transfers, but it's part of College bball today. We have a couple of kids/guys who are holding scholarships but are highly unlikely to see floor time, even as upperclassmen. We also have a guy who wants to be a star but doesn't play Archie's game/system. So yes, a transfer is completely within reason. I don't see this as a Crean/force out situation. It will be natural, and I'm sure all parties are well aware ahead of time. Archie is way too straightforward to just screw a guy out of a position by recruiting over him.

I hate to be a pessimist but I don't see us being that great next year, even with the 2 5 star commits. We will lose Romeo and good ol #13 and returning just Phinese. The rest are just average to less than average players at this point. Future isn't as bright as the forum may think.

Sent from my SM-J337P using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, IUsince1980 said:

I hate to be a pessimist but I don't see us being that great next year, even with the 2 5 star commits. We will lose Romeo and good ol #13 and returning just Phinese. The rest are just average to less than average players at this point. Future isn't as bright as the forum may think.

Going to require players developing. Which  I am very concerned about 

5 minutes ago, IUsince1980 said:

We need Al to keep improving and for Hunter to be 1.) Healthy, and 2.) Good

14 hours ago, IU-DL said:

No one likes transfers, but it's part of College bball today. We have a couple of kids/guys who are holding scholarships but are highly unlikely to see floor time, even as upperclassmen. We also have a guy who wants to be a star but doesn't play Archie's game/system. So yes, a transfer is completely within reason. I don't see this as a Crean/force out situation. It will be natural, and I'm sure all parties are well aware ahead of time. Archie is way too straightforward to just screw a guy out of a position by recruiting over him.

I think you present a valid point but...

PG: Rob - SO

SG: Al - JR

SF: Brooks - FR

PF: Smith - JR

C: TJD - FR

If you add in a grad transfer that plays PF/PG/SG, we actually have pretty decent experience with 5 star talent. That's what people on this board have been advocating for.  And then if we get a sophomore leap from one of our freshman or current sophomores, we could be damn good. We haven't seen Hunter or Race yet, and considering where Clifton and Jake started, they could both make sizable jumps. 

Someone needs to save this post for next year...we'll be preseason Top 10 next year and will be MUCH better than the team we have now...especially if Hunter is actually healthy. Next year is going to be REAL FUN and we are gonna be REALLY GOOD! TJD and Brooks would start on this team RIGHT NOW easy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
As well as save yours :)

18 minutes ago, IUsince1980 said:

Agree.  We need a guard in the worst way.