Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Probably something to do with wanting to be one and done. Need to get the hype and exposure train going early. I don’t love it, but I’m not overly concerned by it either.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think that is it 100%. Agree completely.

2 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Probably something to do with wanting to be one and done. Need to get the hype and exposure train going early. I don’t love it, but I’m not overly concerned by it either.

I’ll put a bit more of a silver lining on it. Our new scheduling strategy which, for this year includes five nonconference tier one games in addition to the B1G 20 game schedule is a vast improvement in recruiting five star players over the old strategy of many, many games against cupcakes which no one outside of Bloomington wants to see. 

43 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I’ll put a bit more of a silver lining on it. Our new scheduling strategy which, for this year includes five nonconference tier one games in addition to the B1G 20 game schedule is a vast improvement in recruiting five star players over the old strategy of many, many games against cupcakes which no one outside of Bloomington wants to see. 

This can’t be stated enough. Marquee non-conference games get the attention of highly touted recruits. There is no doubt this new scheduling approach helps IU in that category

Jerry Meyer just changed his crystal ball for keion to IU for fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Have to wonder if he is just putting us in as a hold until he gets closer to a decision or if he thinks a decision will be made soon

19 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

TJD, Brooks and Carton or even Newman would have me beaming. emoji120.pngemoji120.png

Love to get all 4. Would love to see a line up of 

Phinisee/Newman/Anderson/Brooks/Davis

even if only for a moment as a gesture 

Jerry Meyer just changed his crystal ball for keion to IU for fwiw.

Jerry Meyer quotes his CB pick is ‘getting [his] pick up to the latest.’ Assuming he’s referring to latest

Intel.