Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

42 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

To win at the level we should expect we'll need recruits that could get attention from the likes of pUKe.  Get used to it.

I completely agree. However, I would prefer recruits of the level that don't reciprocate the interest in pUKe. Maybe unrealistic, but I think less of players that strongly consider Kentucky. It reveals (lack of) character.  

It's as simple as, if you want to play for a cheating D-bag.....well, birds of a feather and all that. Call me an idealist.  

I don’t think it’s just him being excited over getting recruited by UK. It’s him actively seeking those schools to recruit him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I re-read what was posted on the last page and it comes down to the following:

Maxey committed to pUKe.

Maxey trying to get Brooks to follow.

Brooks admitting he's thought about playing with a friend.

That's it.  Let's not blow it out of proportion; the possibility of playing with a friend didn't send Langford to KU or Vandy.

This isn't the first time a kid has talked about playing with an AAU friend.
Langford,Garland and Grimes come to mind.
Brooks fathers relationship with Schilling has to be just as important if not more.
As Archie builds this program we will always be competing against the likes of Ky.If Brooks chooses that route we probably get Watford as a consolation prize, not so terrible.
I think we get one or the other but not both.

Brooks fathers relationship with Schilling has to be just as important if not more.
As Archie builds this program we will always be competing against the likes of Ky.If Brooks chooses that route we probably get Watford as a consolation prize, not so terrible.

Garland tried to package himself with 8 of the top 10 last year it seemed like. He had to settle for Simi Shittu Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

34 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Previous interviews with Brooks were he expressed a desire for UK to be involved are the baseline for this additional pro-UK talk

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

What highly ranked recruit wouldn't?  Even I would if I was in that position, and I loathe everything about that program.

Watford has been recruiting other players to play with him at Memphis... seems like we are in it for both but certainly not even close to a lock to even get 1

Seems the situation with the FW North Side basketball program keeps getting murkier and murkier.  Maybe this is a complete coincidence but..............!

Fort Wayne News-Sentinel:  New job for dad reunites Kroft brothers with coach Shabaz Khaliq in Richmond

When high school basketball practice opens this fall, quite a few things will be different for new Richmond High School coach Shabaz Khaliq. One thing that will not be different? Two of the players on the floor.

News-Sentinel.com has learned from the Kroft family that Lucas and Andrew Kroft, who both played at North Side last season, are enrolled at Richmond for the fall. The move comes after their father, Jay, took a new job with Majestic Care, keeping him in the health care industry he has been a part of since 2012 but necessitating a move south.

Lucas appeared in 26 games for the Legends after an injury-filled sophomore campaign. He was named to the News-Sentinel’s preseason Fabulous Five team and went on to average 12.5 points and five rebounds per contest for the Summit Athletic Conference Holiday Tournament and Sectional champions.

Andrew appeared sparingly as a freshman on the North Side varsity team. Though playing in 15 games, he shot the ball just 16 times in minimal minutes, averaging 0.9 points per game and the varsity level while staring for the 12-7 junior varsity squad.

The new North Side coach is Gary Andrews. Led the Bishop Luers girls team to 3 state titles back in the day. From there made the jump to college ball to coach Fort Wayne’s St Francis girls team. Then left there to coach another girls college team in New York. Seems like a unique hire for one of the fastest paced teams in Fort Wayne.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

IMG_1530664988.293557.thumb.jpg.68ab237cf3228a763783c07129dbe124.jpg

Keion Brooks and Trendon Watford both seem highly interested in where they are rated.

Probably something to do with wanting to be one and done. Need to get the hype and exposure train going early. I don’t love it, but I’m not overly concerned by it either.