Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

how many scholarships do we even have to give?  (assume the last scholarship this year is used on a graduate transfer)

We're looking at bringing in a PG so whatever we have to give will be minus one when figuring out how many forwards/bigs we can take.

So assuming 1 PG, we can only take 2 out of Brooks, Watford, TJD, Hurt (assuming he's even an option).

Bad year to only have 3 scholarships.  And if Langford isn't 1 and done, that complicates it even further.

24 minutes ago, swatford said:

I really just want Keion to send the message to Izzo he can't be snooping around in our backyard anymore. Archie got this ish on lockdown.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Let's see how things look going forward before saying Miller has locked the state down.  We thought we same with Crean once, just to find out he locked himself out.

53 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Let's see how things look going forward before saying Miller has locked the state down.  We thought we same with Crean once, just to find out he locked himself out.

I'm skeptical as well.  I don't think the state has ever truly been "locked down."  However, if Archie locks up Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson-Davis in 2019 after landing Romeo, Phinisee, and Anderson in 2018 I'll believe.  That will be the 3 top recruits in 2018 and the top 2 recruits in 2019.  That's as locked up as it can get.

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

Archie > FCTC

I agree Archie has not yet locked up the state... but Archie > FCTC.

Who thought Crean locked the state down?

Agreed. He really had one good year with the state and that was 2012. Even then he couldn’t get Rivera-Smith. Yes there was a reason behind it and it was worth it, but that was one of the top recruits in state. His best year was a bad year to make it his best. Archie 2018 > Creans best year in state.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There was a point after we had Cody and Yogi that we also got commitments from Lyles and Blackman and had the rest of the movement. For a short stretch there things were looking great but....

10 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

There was a point after we had Cody and Yogi that we also got commitments from Lyles and Blackman and had the rest of the movement. For a short stretch there things were looking great but....

Blackmon! BLACKMON! BLACKMON!

Sorry... one of my pet peeves that people constantly misspell his name.

15 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Also had Sophomores Devin Davis and Collin Hartman committed, when both were at their highest rankings.

Generally this state produces too much talent to ever be completely locked down.

Agree, but the states 5 best recruits over two classes would be getting close.  Rosters, playing time, needs, etc. also play into it.  I hope there is someway to land Brooks even with Smith, Durham, Hunter, Anderson, Moore, and possibly Watford.  That would be a ton of wings to have room for another.