Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

North Side Coach Shabazz interview with local talk sports host about Keion, Calipari and other......Shabazz doesn't exactly talk about Archie or IU much. Iowa's Mcaffrey was also in town. Probably recruiting some of the other kids. North Side has quite a roster this year. They should open up in the top 2 or 3 in state rankings.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6316310-north-side-boys-bball-coach-shabaz-khaliq-joins

Kentucky makes me sick the way they come in late on these guys an make an offer. I know a lot of that has to do with him not knowing whose going to be back so he waits longer. Too me Keion isn't the typical one and done player he goes for.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BtownBanners mobile app

Because he can take his own SAT?
Or because he earns his own Algebra grades?

I would say that but also Cal goes for the top 10 ranked guys. Not that he doesn't get top 20 guys either. But on a team like his loaded with talent it's the difference between being a starter or coming off the bench. At IU and Michigan State he would be a starter.

Kentucky makes me sick the way they come in late on these guys an make an offer. I know a lot of that has to do with him not knowing whose going to be back so he waits longer. Too me Keion isn't the typical one and done player he goes for.

Keion is a '19. UK is not coming in late.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Four Schools Working Hardest for Keion Brooks; Talks Upcoming Kentucky Visit

Keion Brooks, the 6-foot-8 small forward from North Side (IN) High School, told D1VISION on Thursday that Indiana, Purdue, Iowa, and Georgetown are the four schools working the hardest for his recruitment. He broke down each school:

Indiana: “They’re close to home, being in-state. Growing up in Indiana, I’ve always had an interest in IU. That’s what intrigues me about them.”

Purdue: “They were the first to offer, so that means something. They were the first to actually put a scholarship out there and take a chance on me.”

Georgetown: “Just the rich history of Georgetown. They’ve got coach [Patrick] Ewing now. I’ve always been a big fan of his. Sometimes, I’ll go on Youtube and watch his highlights. The rich history and the relationship I have with Coach Pat is what catches my eye about them.

Iowa: “They’ve created a family environment. They talk about being part of something different, just being part of something new. I can help start the wave of getting people to want to go to Iowa.”

According to 247Sports, Brooks is ranked as the No. 23 overall player in the Class of 2019 and the No. 1 player from the state of Indiana. Brooks will take an unofficial visit to Kentucky this weekend (Sept. 23). He spoke with D1Vision about his upcoming visit:

“I’m just gonna go down there and see the campus, see what the facilities are like,” said Brooks. “The thing that I’ve always liked about Kentucky is that with coach [John] Calipari out there, they’re always competing for a national championship. They really put players in position to play at the next level and succeed at the next level.”

Although Brooks is yet to receive an offer from Kentucky, they have shown interest in the 2019 forward, with Calipari visiting Brooks’ high school on Monday (Sept. 18). Brooks also has an unofficial visit planned to Purdue for later this month (Sept. 30).

Purdue and Kentucky may be the only schools that Brooks has visits planned to at the moment, but there are still a lot of schools that Brooks plans on visiting, as he said, “There are some schools that I want to get out to. I want to visit Kansas, get out there and see what it’s like. I also want to get out to Iowa. I’d also like to get out to Georgetown to see what it’s like.”

Brooks, who originally mentioned Michigan State as a school recruiting him the hardest in June, took an unofficial to East Lansing earlier this month (Sept. 9).