Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Wrap-up from this past weekend's EYBL event.

Spiece sophomore Keion Brooks Jr. had himself a heck of an EYBL debut this weekend in Hampton.

Highly ranked in his class due to his versatile skill set and athleticism, Brooks didn't miss a beat while playing a year up on the 17U circuit.

He started the session in style with a 23-points, 5-rebound outing in a win over the Soldiers, and followed it up with a 24-point, 9 rebound game vs. Houston Hoops & a 25-point, 9-rebound performance vs. The City Rocks.

Brooks is only scratching the surface of his potential, and will certainly be a threat to land on an All-Session team in the coming weeks.

It's behind a paywall

It was a monster start to the spring in Hampton for Keion Brooks. The class of 2019 standout was playing up an age level, and still was dominant at times averaging 19.8 points and 7.0 rebounds per game. Not surprisingly the five-star prospect had a few coaches tracking him everywhere.
"I think I’ve been playing pretty well," noted Brooks. "We didn’t have too much team success, but I feel we will turn it around this weekend."

Keion Brooks
6'7" / 180 lbs
SF RANK
IN SF RANK
OFFERS
Brooks continued, "I still want to improve on my ball handling, being a better wing defender, and also I know I have to continue to get stronger."
While putting those improvements to work on the court in the EYBL, Brooks noticed several of coaches tracking him everywhere.
"I noticed Tom Izzo was at every single game, Memphis was interested and offered, and Indiana had a coach at every game," said Brooks.
At this point Michigan State has put in the most work recruiting Brooks, and he says he has built a good relationship with Spartans boss Tom Izzo.
"Coach Izzo he tells it like it is," said Brooks. "He doesn’t sugar coat anything with me. We’ve built a nice relationship, I'll call him from time to time, and we talk about a lot of things. We don't always talk basketball, we also talk about things outside of basketball."
Also recently Brooks met with new Indiana boss Archie Miller, and he is beginning to work on a relationship with the coaching staff in Bloomington.
"The meeting went really well," said Brooks. "(Miller) told me how he liked my game and he showed me how the transition is going to be to his style of play. He just explained how he does things, and that I am one of their most important recruits."
One of the interesting factors with Brooks is that Indiana assistant Ed Schilling actually coached Brooks' dad, Keion Sr., during his playing days at Wright State.
About that, Brooks said, "I think that’s pretty cool to have the coach who coached my dad now recruiting me. I did know Coach Schilling before. I think I met him when I was in third grade, but we didn't really talk lately with him being at UCLA. I know Coach Schilling and my dad kept in contact and in stayed in touch over the years."
For now Brooks is in no hurry with his recruitment, he is just enjoying the process and continuing to build strong relationships.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

MSU is still going to be hard to beat here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah I don't see us winning this one sadly. We're just too far behind 

If we lose this kid its going to be to MSU, I think Izzo would have to punch his mom in the face to not finish in this kids top 2.  And with Schillings relationship to his dad I think we are a lock to be in the top 2 also.