Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

21 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Indiana assistant Tim Buckley here at Manual High for game btw Fort Wayne North Side (Keion Brooks) and Indianapolis Tindley (Eric Hunter)
@peegs

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

FW North Side defeated Indpls. Tindley 77-61.  Brooks with 23 pts. 

From Kyle Neddenriep at the Indy Star:

Fort Wayne North Side’s Keion Brooks is considered the state’s top prospect in the sophomore class. Considering the path several of the state’s top seniors took to prep school (Paul Scruggs, Jaren Jackson Jr. and Justin Roberts), it’s reasonable to wonder if the 6-7 Brooks will end up on a similar track.

So, I asked him. Brooks said prep schools are asking about his interest. The answer, for now, is no.

“I hear about it all the time,” he said. “I’m just trying to stay focused. I’m at North Side right now so I can’t venture out and think about what prep schools can do for me. I’m trying to win a state championship at North Side.”

Insider: Keep an eye on the talent at Fort Wayne North Side

Brooks, who has offers from Butler, Kansas State, Purdue and Xavier and high interest from many others, said he’s taking it one year at a time. But …

“It’s very important for me to stay at home and play at home,” he said.

Brooks has a strong connection with North Side coach Shabaz Khaliq and his father, Keion Brooks Sr., is an assistant coach on the North Side staff. Brooks Sr. played at North Side and went to score more than 1,700 points at Wright State in the late 1990s.

So it wouldn’t be that easy to just pick up and move. But Brooks can also understand why players like Jackson, Roberts and Scruggs chose that route. Under the rules of the Indiana High School Athletic Association, teams are not allowed to play opponents (home or away) from more than 300 miles beyond the state line. Prep schools can play any opponent, any time.

“It gives you a lot of opportunities,” Brooks said. “You get to travel all over the country and play against the best competition every night.”

Will Brooks be at North Side two years from now?

“If I was to say right now, yes I would,” he said.

how does Brooks compare to Wilkes? are we in good shape with Brooks?

From watching them both as sophomores I would say brooks will be the better prospect. He will be a stud. Michigan st has been on him since the 8th grade so I would say they are the best shape. Iu's track record recruiting Fort Wayne isn't the greatest. But you have to try and get a foot in the door and keep getting visits and hopefully he likes what he sees

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

From watching them both as sophomores I would say brooks will be the better prospect. He will be a stud. Michigan st has been on him since the 8th grade so I would say they are the best shape. Iu's track record recruiting Fort Wayne isn't the greatest. But you have to try and get a foot in the door and keep getting visits and hopefully he likes what he sees

Thanks for the info.

Been saying Butz is an Indiana kid that will play above his rating. Wonder if he waited if he would be going to a better school.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

From what i saw when I watched him play. Absolutely he could of gone to a better school. When watching warmups and not knowing the players I guessed butz was Brooks just by how above the rim he was in warm ups.