Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RBB89

Fred Glass facilities update...

Cannot wait to see the plans for the southern end zone. How will it fit in with the scoreboard? Will it be required to be moved? Will there be a tunnel under the field connecting the new south end facilities to the north end? Good stuff!

Cannot wait to see the plans for the southern end zone. How will it fit in with the scoreboard? Will it be required to be moved? Will there be a tunnel under the field connecting the new south end facilities to the north end? Good stuff!

From what I've pieced together, the south expansion will connect to the existing stadium: no gaps. The concourse will now go all the way around. The complex underneath will go all the way around as well, so while there will be no tunnel, everything will be connected as one big circle. It's supposed to be an additional training complex for the athletes with new offices and a new medical/rehab area. There will also be a new cafeteria, which will allow the current Hoosier Room to become part of an expanded locker room/players' lounge on the west side. There is supposed to be some donor/club area as well, perhaps rooftop seating. Other than that, no seats.

Don't know about the scoreboard.

A new golf course would be amazing. I've been told stories the a great golf course designer offered to build a new course for the university for a $1. The problem was he want trees torn down around the golf course to open it up more and the university declined his offer. I highly doubt the university is that serious about a new course.

A new golf course would be amazing. I've been told stories the a great golf course designer offered to build a new course for the university for a $1. The problem was he want trees torn down around the golf course to open it up more and the university declined his offer. I highly doubt the university is that serious about a new course.

That was well before the current admin.

But I agree, we'll probably play in French Lick and invest in our training facility on campus.

If someone believes Glass needs to go based on his handling of Coach Crean, they need to expand their focus and look at what he's doing for ALL of Indiana athletics. He's creating a championship atmosphere across the department. All programs will benefit from these upgrades.

What teams look poised to be perennial contenders that weren't already?

Baseball looks to be a perennial contender in the Big Ten. But that started under smith who preceded Glass.

Pretty sure I remember in orientation they are required to plant a tree for every one they cut down. Might not be feasible.

What teams look poised to be perennial contenders that weren't already?

Baseball looks to be a perennial contender in the Big Ten. But that started under smith who preceded Glass.

They went around 5 years with losing records before he got there. From 2003 to 2008 and even in 2008 they went 31-30. To me that doesn't show a whole lot of promise.

They went around 5 years with losing records before he got there. From 2003 to 2008 and even in 2008 they went 31-30. To me that doesn't show a whole lot of promise.

But that was only coach smiths 3rd year. He took a lackluster program over and had a winning record his third year and never a losing record after that.

The baseball turnaround was smith not glass

Here's the thing though are we willing to settle for a mediocre basketball team if it gets us any of the things mentioned in this thread.

Um, no. But they're 19-5 with a big game coming up so we'll see what happens there.