Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Eric Hunter to Purdue

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Tindley (IN) 2018 G Eric Hunter (@ebuckets13) said his top 6 are Nebraska, Ohio St, Butler, Xavier, Purdue, Minn. Recruitment still open.

@jeffrabjohns

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

All schools that have offered. He's waiting for an offer without a doubt. 

We may not get him because of some other players we're recruiting, but I'm really hoping he doesn't land in the BIG. He'll be a really, really good 4 year player wherever he ends up.

I like what Archie's doing. If we want to compete with the elite schools we have to recruit like them and make getting an IU offer a big deal. We see kids holding out for a Duke or UK offer a lot, hopefully this is a sign that it's starting to happen for us too. 

My only concern with him has been my concern for him from the beginning and that is level of competition he plays at the class A level. For every game he played against a higher class team (connersville, crispus attucks, Fort Wayne north all losses), he played Indianapolis homeschool wildcats, Indiana math and science twice, and Indiana school of the deaf. Evaluating him during The AAU circuit is critical and maybe the reason CAM hasn't offered yet. If he has a good July I'm sure CAM will offer

On 7/8/2017 at 11:39 AM, Uspshoosier said:

My only concern with him has been my concern for him from the beginning and that is level of competition he plays at the class A level. For every game he played against a higher class team (connersville, crispus attucks, Fort Wayne north all losses), he played Indianapolis homeschool wildcats, Indiana math and science twice, and Indiana school of the deaf. Evaluating him during The AAU circuit is critical and maybe the reason CAM hasn't offered yet. If he has a good July I'm sure CAM will offer

People said the same thing about Desmond Baine and he's been pretty good at TCU. You have to go off of his numbers against bigger schools and not whether his team won or lost. He could play great and his team just can't do anything to stop the other team they are playing. 

I've always liked Hunter. Kid knows how to score.

I think this is a solid class for them. Hunter will be interesting for me to follow. I've always kinda liked him more than Phinisee. Here's to hoping that read was wrong. We will find out in due time.

This is the type of class that'll keep Purdue competitive IMO, although B1G recruiting is ramping up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I've always liked Hunter. Kid knows how to score.

I think this is a solid class for them. Hunter will be interesting for me to follow. I've always kinda liked him more than Phinisee. Here's to hoping that read was wrong. We will find out in due time.

This is the type of class that'll keep Purdue competitive IMO, although B1G recruiting is ramping up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We never offered Hunter because he believes he's a PG when he's more of a combo.

We got a better pure point in Phinisee and a better wing/shooter in Anderson. Hunter didn't really fit any roles that we needed.

Its a good pickup for Purdue, but as of now on paper, 247 still has them with the 9th best class in the conference. Rutgers is ahead of them. 

Really glad they got Hunter. Between the chip on the kid's shoulder from not getting the offer from CAM that he obviously wanted and CAM taking Phinisee and Anderson out from under CMP, this just screams great rivalry fodder. Love it. Gonna be a ball watching Phinisee and Hunter jawing at each other for 4 years.

4 hours ago, Demo said:

Really glad they got Hunter. Between the chip on the kid's shoulder from not getting the offer from CAM that he obviously wanted and CAM taking Phinisee and Anderson out from under CMP, this just screams great rivalry fodder. Love it. Gonna be a ball watching Phinisee and Hunter jawing at each other for 4 years.

Just curious, but why are you glad that they got a good player? I want Purdue to do awful in recruiting and field terrible teams each year. 

Just curious, but why are you glad that they got a good player? I want Purdue to do awful in recruiting and field terrible teams each year. 

It’s not a good rivalry unless both teams are competitive. Keady and Knight teams were great rivalry games. Hasn’t really been the same since, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, bigrod said:

It’s not a good rivalry unless both teams are competitive. Keady and Knight teams were great rivalry games. Hasn’t really been the same since, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I get that, but with Purdue I dislike them so much that I would rather them be terrible every year and us kick the crap out of them. If they're good and the series is competitive then I have to hear Purdue fans talk about how their team is good and all that. 

I get that, but with Purdue I dislike them so much that I would rather them be terrible every year and us kick the crap out of them. If they're good and the series is competitive then I have to hear Purdue fans talk about how their team is good and all that. 

I agree with this. I don't care if this rivalry is competitive. I'd enjoy beating them every single game if we could.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

47 minutes ago, Demo said:

I don't want them to be bottom feeders. I want the games to matter. I want them to believe they come in to AH with a shot. And then crush them. I want our kids to walk into a full and insane Mackey. And then crush them. I want our kids to crush their freaking dreams and break their spirits. I want it to hurt. I want PUke fans to be unable to look us in the eye.

Calm down, Ramsey