Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2017) DT LeShaun Minor to IU

Committed 6/20/16.

Another in-state offer out. His first from the B1G.

‏@SWiltfong247: Indianapolis Ben Davis 2017 DL LeShaun Minor offered by #IUFB today… #Hoosiers

Indianapolis, IN (Ben Davis)
6'3/255

Looks like we're in good shape here and maybe another visit this Saturday.

‏@SWiltfong247: As the #BigTen schools begin lining up for Indianapolis Ben Davis DT LeShaun Minor, #IUFB is standing out early: http://indiana.247sports.com/Bolt/Hoosiers-standing-out-early-to-in-state-junior-43788063

Indianapolis (Ind.) Ben Davis defensive tackle LeShaun Minor added two more Big Ten offers on Thursday from Minnesota and Illinois.

Meanwhile the Hoosiers are looking to cash in on their head start. Indiana was first to pull the trigger on the in-state talent and have gotten him to campus a couple times including Wednesday night. "I'm real high on Indiana right about now," Minor said. "I just like the atmosphere and how they really welcomed me in yesterday. I just liked everything about it."

Minor doesn't have any future visits scheduled because of his own basketball schedule but could soon be back in Bloomington. "I'm thinking about going back down to IU this Saturday," Minor said.

There is one Big Ten school Minor would like to hear more from. "I would love to get an offer from Ohio State," he stated.

Scout prospects on the rise.

Indiana defensive tackle commit Leshaun Minor is having an excellent senior season. He has 44 tackles (nine for loss) and five sacks. He is now up to 290 pounds at 6-foot-4 and moving as well as he was at 260 last season. With his newly added size, he looks like a guy who could challenge for immediate time at IU and will move up the rankings this season.

Minor won IndyStar Mr. Football position award in the defensive line position.

From the IndyStar Article:

Defensive line: LeShaun Minor, Ben Davis – Minor, a 6-2, 260-pound Indiana recruit, made 80 tackles a senior, including 16 tackles for a loss. He also had 6 ½ sacks. Minor scored two career touchdowns, one on an interception and the other on a fumble return.

25 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Minor won IndyStar Mr. Football position award in the defensive line position.

From the IndyStar Article:

Defensive line: LeShaun Minor, Ben Davis – Minor, a 6-2, 260-pound Indiana recruit, made 80 tackles a senior, including 16 tackles for a loss. He also had 6 ½ sacks. Minor scored two career touchdowns, one on an interception and the other on a fumble return.

Looks good on film that I watched.  I don't know much about it, but for those that do, is he undersized for a DL in the B1G?  He moves well.  Maybe DE?