Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BottomLine

Interesting statistics top v. bottom

By this time most fans have determined that the top six teams in the conference are Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Purdue and Michigan State.  I wondered how the conference is doing against those six teams and the results were really interesting.  Only one team, Iowa, has a winning record against the top six and only one team, Wisconsin, has more than one win (2).  The record for the top six against the bottom eight is 35-4.  The record of the bottom eight against the top six is thus 4-35.  Looks like everyone is beating up on the bottom of the conference.  I can't remember the conference ever being so divided between the haves and have nots.  The records against the top six and against the bottom eight are as follows:

Iowa (5-1, 3-0)

Indiana (0-0, 8-1)

Wisconsin (2-3, 3-1)

Maryland (1-2, 7-0)

Michigan (1-2, 6-0)

Purdue (1-2, 6-1)

Michigan State (1-2, 5-2)

Illinois (1-3, 1-4)

Nebraska (1-4, 3-1)

Ohio State (0-4, 6-0)

Northwestern (0-5, 3-2)

Penn State (0-5, 2-2)

Minnesota (0-5, 0-5)

Rutgers (0-6, 0-3)

By this time most fans have determined that the top six teams in the conference are Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Purdue and Michigan State.  I wondered how the conference is doing against those six teams and the results were really interesting.  Only one team, Iowa, has a winning record against the top six and only one team, Wisconsin, has more than one win (2).  The record for the top six against the bottom eight is 35-4.  The record of the bottom eight against the top six is thus 4-35.  Looks like everyone is beating up on the bottom of the conference.  I can't remember the conference ever being so divided between the haves and have nots.  The records against the top six and against the bottom eight are as follows:

Iowa (5-1, 3-0)

Indiana (0-0, 8-1)

Wisconsin (2-3, 3-1)

Maryland (1-2, 7-0)

Michigan (1-2, 6-0)

Purdue (1-2, 6-1)

Illinois (1-3, 1-4)

Nebraska (1-4, 3-1)

Ohio State (0-4, 6-0)

Northwestern (0-5, 3-2)

Penn State (0-5, 2-2)

Minnesota (0-5, 0-5)

Rutgers (0-6, 0-3)

I was just thinking its been a strange year in conference. Whens the last time a team started 8-1 in the B1G and with nary a "good" win.

The only team that is racking up "good" wins is Iowa.  They will back in to the title is form holds.  Wisconsin might be ready to break out of the bottom bunch.  Can the Big 10 send 7 to the NCAA?

The only team that is racking up "good" wins is Iowa. They will back in to the title is form holds. Wisconsin might be ready to break out of the bottom bunch. Can the Big 10 send 7 to the NCAA?

i wouldn't call it back into the title if they sweep Michigan st, Purdue, and us I would call that earning it

By this time most fans have determined that the top six teams in the conference are Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Purdue and Michigan State. I wondered how the conference is doing against those six teams and the results were really interesting. Only one team, Iowa, has a winning record against the top six and only one team, Wisconsin, has more than one win (2). The record for the top six against the bottom eight is 35-4. The record of the bottom eight against the top six is thus 4-35. Looks like everyone is beating up on the bottom of the conference. I can't remember the conference ever being so divided between the haves and have nots. The records against the top six and against the bottom eight are as follows:

Iowa (5-1, 3-0)
Indiana (0-0, 8-1)
Wisconsin (2-3, 3-1)
Maryland (1-2, 7-0)
Michigan (1-2, 6-0)
Purdue (1-2, 6-1)
Illinois (1-3, 1-4)
Nebraska (1-4, 3-1)
Ohio State (0-4, 6-0)
Northwestern (0-5, 3-2)
Penn State (0-5, 2-2)
Minnesota (0-5, 0-5)
Rutgers (0-6, 0-3)

great post!

Sorry, I didn't explain myself well.  Iowa has only three games left against the top six.  They have two road games at IU and Michigan and a home game against IU.  Other than that they are playing the bottom feeders.  They now get a schedule similar to IU's first half and we get a schedule similar to Iowa's first half.  If Iowa wins the conference they won it primarily in the first nine games and now all they need to do is avoid upsets.  The road gets much tougher ahead for the Hoosiers.  Back in was probable a poor choice of words but I think you can see what I'm saying.  Our future is in our own hands but we need to prove that we can beat the top teams if we hope to keep pace.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself well. Iowa has only three games left against the top six. They have two road games at IU and Michigan and a home game against IU. Other than that they are playing the bottom feeders. They now get a schedule similar to IU's first half and we get a schedule similar to Iowa's first half. If Iowa wins the conference they won it primarily in the first nine games and now all they need to do is avoid upsets. The road gets much tougher ahead for the Hoosiers. Back in was probable a poor choice of words but I think you can see what I'm saying. Our future is in our own hands but we need to prove that we can beat the top teams if we hope to keep pace.

gotcha the had a front loaded schedule while we have a backloaded schedule. Nice job breaking it all down

The only team that is racking up "good" wins is Iowa. They will back in to the title is form holds. Wisconsin might be ready to break out of the bottom bunch. Can the Big 10 send 7 to the NCAA?

I doubt the B1G gets that many this year