Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

IU VS Michigan - Pre-Game Thread- 2/2 9PM EST ESPN

Should be able to catch this game. I feel IU is the better team, but IU is in a little funk playing on the road. Need to get away from one on one ball, and get back to the high octane team ball we saw against OSU and Illinois.

I have us losing, but I will gladly fall out of first place in the prediction league of it means IU wins.
GO HOOSIERS!!!

duncan Robinson doesn't miss. He is a tall version of what Ziesloft used to be before he thought he could hit running, turning 3 pointers from ANYWHERE on the court.

He may be the best "Shooter" in CBB. 50% 3 point shooter over 100 attempts. 26/27 from the charity stripe.

"Don't leave this guy open!!" He will kill us. Walton, Lavert are good three point shooters.

The team that shoots the 3 better will likely win. However I think TB on offense is our mismatch. But then again Donnal might go all Happ on TB. Who knows?

He may be the best "Shooter" in CBB. 50% 3 point shooter over 100 attempts. 26/27 from the charity stripe.

"Don't leave this guy open!!" He will kill us. Walton, Lavert are good three point shooters.

The team that shoots the 3 better will likely win. However I think TB on offense is our mismatch. But then again Donnal might go all Happ on TB. Who knows?

The good news on that front is we defend the three pretty well. Our biggest defensive breakdowns aren't usually leaving guys wide open for jump shots, but rather allowing them to drive right past us and dump it off for an easy lay in.

I definitely agree on Bryant. Also don't think Donnal has the talent that Happ has and I'd like to believe that we have a way to adjust to being beaten up in the post after the Wisky game. Will be interesting to see how it plays out, but I actually think we match up pretty well.

duncan Robinson doesn't miss. He is a tall version of what Ziesloft used to be before he thought he could hit running, turning 3 pointers from ANYWHERE on the court.

Gotta love a shooter shooting with confidence. Just wish it was confidence on smart shot selection. I guess beggars cant be choosers. 

Bryant stays out of foul trouble and plays 28+ minutes, I like Indiana's chances.  But Indiana has to shoot well and avoid bad shots and turnovers.

This is a big night for Indiana and also for Tom Crean.  This game will dictate a lot of things.  Is Indiana a contender or a pretender?  Has Indiana turned the corner, or is Indiana "just another team....same 'ol Tom Crean's Hoosiers?"  IU has 6 games left against really good teams..this being one of them.  But this is a road game against a team Indiana is probably - on paper - superior to.  A game we should win.

Big night that will set the stage.  Are we or aren't we?

I commented in the prediction thread that I was surprised how many people think we will win. I like the confidence but am not sure where it comes from. I honestly think this could be an 0-2 week. We have looked terrible the majority of the season sans about 4 games (Creighton, NW, Ohio State, Illinois, 1/4 of Notre Dame). The Nebraska road win was nice. I feel we go 1-1 this week, but 0-2 won't surprise me a bit, in fact I'm predicting it. I so hope we can win these 2 and prove we wrong.

I'm surprised you're willing to already count as a loss a game against a statistically similar team dealing with injury/depth issues. Especially, so confident in the loss as to be surprised other people might think we can win. 

I guess other people must differ in the total lack of faith and believe in the team they support.

I'm surprised you're willing to already count as a loss a game against a statistically similar team dealing with injury/depth issues. Especially, so confident in the loss as to be surprised other people might think we can win.

I guess other people must differ in the total lack of faith and believe in the team they support.

I have just watched too many IU games to believe in US on the road. I was one of a few to predict the UW road loss too. Granted, we played strong, and I thought we had it at the end, but sure enough, another L. It's not fully my lack of confidence in IU on the road although it's a major factor, it's the homer bias that IU/ and most NCAABB seem to suffer from.

I think we would beat UM at Assembly by 15.

Honestly feel we will come out ready to play today, especially because it is a bigger opponent. Can't really "overlook" Michigan. Now Penn State on the other hand does scare me. It's a trap game, and one we could lose if we're focused on Iowa the next week.

I have just watched too many IU games to believe in US on the road. I was one of a few to predict the UW road loss too. Granted, we played strong, and I thought we had it at the end, but sure enough, another L. It's not fully my lack of confidence in IU on the road although it's a major factor, it's the homer bias that IU/ and most NCAABB seem to suffer from.

I think we would beat UM at Assembly by 15.

There were more picks for Wisconsin than any other team we've faced except Duke.

If Tom has anything less than a 25 and 10, I will dress up like a seal and jump in an orca tank.

The imagery is comical I will give you that. However, this is a bold, bold prediction. I can only hope that it actually comes to fruition.

Thats not saying much at all. Outside of Duke, who have we played? Mostly IU picks for that game though.

I can tell it's really important to you to cultivate your "accurate harbinger of doom" moniker, so I'll just let you have it. I hope you keep finding the joy in our poor play though, it has to be at least as good for your heart health as honey-nut cheerios.