Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) WR David Bell to Purdue

I didn't

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It was more of a rivalry when we had Coach Siderwicz in the 90s, before my time. Lately it’s been pretty one sided for B South but we always left there saying jeez the refs screwed us. Games are always close atleast but I’ll never root for B South in anything.

It was more of a rivalry when we had Coach Siderwicz in the 90s, before my time. Lately it’s been pretty one sided for B South but we always left there saying jeez the refs screwed us. Games are always close atleast but I’ll never root for B South in anything.  

I was a freshman during Grossmans senior year.

WOW!  What a game last night between #1 Warren Central and Center Grove.  WC scored 3 times in the first quarter, once on a 23-yard TD pass to Bell.  But Center Grove didn't fold and eventually tied the game at 20-20.  WC scored in the 4th Q to make it 27-20 and with 1:03 left, CG had the ball with a 4th and goal at the WC 1-yard line.  The WC defense stuffed the play and held on for a 27-20 victory.  Bell saw limited action after injuring his ankle on the 2nd play of the game and sat out the remainder of the first half.  He played limited minutes in the second half and only had the one reception.  

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/11/16/indiana-high-school-football-warren-central-tops-center-grove-6/1976246002/

Good article on the high ankle sprain Bell suffered last week, dealing with it this past week and then last night's game where Warren Central finished its season undefeated with a 27-7 win over Carmel for the 6A championship.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2018/11/23/warren-central-wins-6-foot/2090763002/

IU had no shot here without a QB that can actually throw the football more than 10 yards. Yes Penix might be the answer but who really knows at this point. A talented WR doesn’t want to take that kind of risk I’m sure when he’s trying to get to the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

IU had no shot here without a QB that can actually throw the football more than 10 yards. Yes Penix might be the answer but who really knows at this point. A talented WR doesn’t want to take that kind of risk I’m sure when he’s trying to get to the NFL.

Plus IUs offense under Debord has shown no ability to but the all in the hands of playmakers. 

Look at what Purdue did with Rondale Moore and it’s easy to see who a WR would choose 

1 minute ago, Kepner said:

Plus IUs offense under Debord has shown no ability to but the all in the hands of playmakers. 

Look at what Purdue did with Rondale Moore and it’s easy to see who a WR would choose 

You're exactly right. One look at Purdue's offense compared to ours and its easy to see where a skilled playmaker would want to go. It's tough because we had a chance if we had a Sudfeld behind center and a competent coordinator but neither exists. This the the kind of recruit that wouldn't consider us just a few years back, however, the inability to build on our momentum this year sealed the fate with this one. 

13 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Crystal Ball picks are rolling in for Purdue...he's a Boiler. Wonder how the new QB there will do next year...is certainly going to have weapons.

New? Sindelar will be the starter barring anything crazy.