Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) WR David Bell to Purdue

Want to be even sicker? It took someone leaving the program just for him to be listed as a QB. Our genius coaching staff was going to play him at defensive back. Think about that...the kid quarterbacked the most dominant offense in the state his senior year and broke all kinds of records, and we have people running our program that wanted him playing defense. Is it any wonder our program is such a joke annually?

Should he have been playing on offense from the start? Yes. Should they have used him at QB in certain packages more? Yes. But will he ever be a starting QB at IU? No. Guys get moved from QB to DB when they go from Hugh school to college all the time. His only chance to play in the NFL is at WR and DB. IU had more depth at WR so they planned on putting his athleticism and play making skills to use on defense. Not that bad of an idea but he will be a weapon on offense if utilized properly by the next OC moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree totally that Taylor needs to be a weapon on O and cannot get over how terribly he was misused last year. I do believe I read that he WANTED to play defense though because he wanted his best shot to grow there and play in the nfl there. But I think it’s clear that his future chance at the nfl resides in him playing on offense because he could be scary good.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 1/6/2019 at 11:49 AM, Hoosier116 said:

I agree totally that Taylor needs to be a weapon on O and cannot get over how terribly he was misused last year. I do believe I read that he WANTED to play defense though because he wanted his best shot to grow there and play in the nfl there. But I think it’s clear that his future chance at the nfl resides in him playing on offense because he could be scary good.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I remember having so much hope during that first game cause they lined him up in the backfield and as a receiver. They ran a few screens, they handed it off, they ran a few WR sweeps with him (and Whop). It seemed like after that monster game Scott had and when Whop went down, they completely changed offense back to conservative Debord.