Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - Rutgers @ IU on 1/27

The Scarlet O'Hara's Johannson's Letter's Knights (12- 8) (3 - 5) visit Assembly Hall.  The Lady Hoosiers (12 -8) (4 - 4) are 8-0 in games played in Assembly Hall this year, making them the only team in the Big Ten with an unblemished home record this season.  It is the second time in three years that IU has won its first eight home games of the season.

Tyra Buss has scored in double figures in every game this season and in 24 straight games dating back to last year, the longest such streak for an IU player since Quacy Barnes scored in double digits in 37-consecutive games to end the 1996-97 season and to start 1997-98.  She also leads the team in scoring (18.6 ppg), assists (4.5 apg) and steals (1.9 spg).  Amanda Cahill is averaging 16.1 points and 9.1 rebounds per game in Big Ten play making her one of just four players in the league averaging those totals in conference play.

7:00 E. T.

BTN Plus

Radio:  http://mgmt.firststreaming.com/listen/player.php?callsign=WHCC_FM

Stats:  http://sidearmstats.com/indiana/wbball/

Seriously?!?! I thought "Finally, I'll get the jump on Old Fart and get this game thread up!". 1 minute,you beat me by 1 minute . You're good my friend! It's nice to see others interested in our women's team. Please know I appreciate all the updates and posts!

Seriously?!?! I thought "Finally, I'll get the jump on Old Fart and get this game thread up!". 1 minute,you beat me by 1 minute . You're good my friend! It's nice to see others interested in our women's team. Please know I appreciate all the updates and posts!

I'll start making my afternoon naps last 15 minutes longer!     :laugh: :P 

He wheels himself in/out of those 3pm buffets pretty quickly these days!!!!!!  ;)

Strong 2nd Q for our Ladies and at the half they lead 31 - 17.  Shooting up to 29%; controlling the boards by a 21 - 14 margin and taking care of the ball with only 6 TO's while Rutgers has committed 11.  8 assists on 8 made shots -- if only the men could have been half that good last night!!  And the ladies are 10 for 10 from the foul line.  Buss with 16 pts. (4 3-pointers) and 4 reb.; 6 pts. for Anderson; Gassion 4 reb.

Rutgers came out firing in the 3rd Q and have made it a ballgame but our Lady Hoosiers are still leading 45 -38.  Buss with 20 pts.; Anderson 7; McBride 6.  Still only shooting 29% from the floor but have hit 7 of 17 on 3's and 14 of 16 free throws.  Anderson has attempted 8 free throws by herself; Rutgers as a team has only 9 attempts.  [Didn't we just see something similar last night?]

After a rough 3rd Q, the Ladies dug in their heels and remain undefeated at home this season with a solid 64 - 48 win over Rutgers.  Only shot 34% from the floor but they were 10 of 23 on 3's and 18 of 20 from the foul line.  The won the rebounding battle 40 - 29.

Buss with 24 pts., 4 assists and 7 reb. and after a couple of rough outings only had 2 TO's tonight.  McBride and Cahill with 12 each.  Buss and Cahill with 7 reb. each; Anderson with 6.  Royster solid contribution off the bench with 6 reb. and 4 pts. in 13 minutes of action.

Good job Ladies!

We've got some nice talent coming in (the girl from Heritage Christian is tough! Can't remember her name, but....). The conditioning is getting better with the ladies. I'm really happy with the overall program. Kind of feels like what Coach Wilson is doing with football- building her team from the ground up, steadily attracting better talent. Coach Moren knows how to coach and is getting her players to buy into it.