Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

OG vs Troy - Who Should Start

Who Should Start?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Start At The Three Spot?

• Troy
    • OG

Troy, OG, and TB need to be our starting frontcourt. This lineup needs to get the lions share of the minutes as well, imho. Colin has already proven himself to be a valuable guy coming off the bench. I'm very big on playing the best 5 you have, as much as possible. Yogi, Rob, OG, Troy, and Big Tom absolutely dominate the game when on the floor together. OG spaces the floor so well for Troy. Just watch how much more effective Troy becomes when OG is on the floor with him. That lineup has greatness in them.

I know this is jumping the gun a bit, but is Troy odd man out next year?

At the pace OG is playing I think most of us would choose him over Troy, and OG is likely to just get better where as Troy hasn't shown that same trajectory.  And with Davis incoming and looking to give us a truly dominant front court. 

We've been winning lately with Troy starting. Why change the lineup? "If it ain't broke don't fix it."

if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Getting off to a better start against better opponents will be key.  We can't spot Iowa, MSU, or MD 10+ points before we start playing.  Troy is a handful of TOs and bad off balance shots waiting to happen at the beginning of games.  Although it does allow him to pick up fouls or get benched to slow down until coming back in.  He is a definite plus when he is working the baseline and getting points off cuts or in transition.  When he's handling the ball or making decisions he's a huge minus.  

I tell ya...Troy is going to receive his degree, he's engaged to be married, and his mama has medical bills and is not wealthy.

He will not be playing college ball next year.

He is likely not an end of the bench NBA project. More likely his choice will be either D-League with a chance to develop into an NBA player, or overseas with a chance to earn six-figure-ish money right away.

I tell ya...Troy is going to receive his degree, he's engaged to be married, and his mama has medical bills and is not wealthy.

He will not be playing college ball next year.

He is likely not an end of the bench NBA project. More likely his choice will be either D-League with a chance to develop into an NBA player, or overseas with a chance to earn six-figure-ish money right away.

He's already got one foot out the door. Troy-B-Gone.

Troy is already getting 3-5 minutes a game at guard with Yogi.

CTC has a choice of either Niego or Troy as his 4th guard, and against more athletic teams he has been choosing Troy lately.

Could you imagine a lineup of

Rojo

Troy

OG

Davis

Thomas Bryant

Average height would be like 6 foot 8. 

I think the starting lineup should be right now

Yogi
RJ
TW
OG
TB

Hartman is better coming off the bench but I understand Crean wants an experienced lineup out there. I just think OG could help Indiana start off better, especially defensively.

I don't see Troy staying. I also like leaving the lineup alone when we are winning. Troy and his mom would disrupt the whole team if he didn't start imo.

Troy has injured his stock this year with inconsistent play and his propensity for TOs. He would be best served to stay another year, if he can grow and learn in the off season. If he "gets it", he would be bordering on a lottery pick. This is a HUGE if BTW. If he can't, he might as well play for pay somewhere. If so, he might want to update his passport because he is a very late 2nd rounder at very best and this is probably a stretch.

Og will start along with Troy next year as a much improved sophomore shooting wise like a Nigel Hayes, and Troy will stay. He's not going overseas to China. He is not bold or courageous enough to move to China, and after seeing how much a senior season benefits yogi, he will stay.

Og will start along with Troy next year as a much improved sophomore shooting wise like a Nigel Hayes, and Troy will stay. He's not going overseas to China. He is not bold or courageous enough to move to China, and after seeing how much a senior season benefits yogi, he will stay.

Negative. Momma Dub is already laughing her way to the bank.