Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Wisconsin Post Game Thread

im just hoping og was one of the guys under the weather because if not there was no reason not to have him on the floor

My exact thoughts as well. He was the one who locked Hayes down in the first game and he didn't every guard him really

Were we jobbed? Maybe
Did we play horribly? Certainly
Were we outplayed, outhustled? Incredibly so.

I don't think we can put this one on Crean in any way. He didn't make the turnovers, he didn't refuse to guard Happ in the post, he didn't foul Hayes every time he got the ball. In fact, I think Crean coached a great game.

Agree with this completely, other than that last inbound play (which may have still been the players fault bc I have no idea what was supposed to happen there.)

I could not believe that our frontcourt allowed a player of Happ's caliber put up that many points. Officiating was bad, but wasn't overwhelmingly bad. The guys on the court are to blame for this one.

There will be lots of "this is what I was afraid of" posts, and I'll simply add mine.  

This is the consistent problem with Crean's teams.  Someone (and it's been Wisconsin almost every time we've played them) is able to slow us down, take away transition, and our offense stagnates.  We struggle to defend one on one, both on the perimeter and at the rim (Thomas Bryant is not close to NBA ready, and I hope someone tells him).  And we lose.  

This is a pattern.  We had 6 assists tonight.   28 made FG's.  6 assists.  Everything off the dribble because our half court offense is awful.  It's BEEN awful.  It will always BE awful with Crean because we don't move well, we don't screen well, and we don't cut well.  We happen to have a couple of players who are spectacular off the dribble, and tonight we made shots that way, but that won't always be the case.   More often than not, against even decent teams, when we're forced to play off the dribble, we'll get beat.

Our perimeter defense is weak, our interior players are either too young and not yet developed, or too slow, and don't move their feet well.  Only Zeller has been the exception under Crean. Those are the reasons we lost.  Inefficiency on offense, and awful defense which led to easy baskets and FT's for Wisconsin.  We made more FG's, more 3 pointers, and out-rebounded them.  That's a game we should win, especially with an experienced team; but alas....

Tonight was more of the same issues Indiana has always had under Crean when we play good teams; and if those teams take away our transition game and make us play defense, we're extremely vulnerable...even if that team is just 12-9.   

This loss was no surprise.  It was completely predictable, as were the reasons.

Sums it up pretty well. If all you tell me is Yogi scores 30 and we have 19 to's I'm gonna say its a loss every time.

12549048_10205017219824567_7673632186621

Foul stat.

When one team consistently holds the ball, moves the ball, and attacks the paint and another settles for jump shots off the dribble much of the time, this is what you get.  Fouls are not supposed to be equal; and if styles are different, they won't be.  Knight always wanted to make more FT's than his opponent shot.  Most of the time, that's what happened.  Happened to us tonight, and our fans are whining about it.  I love IU as much as the next guy, but this is not a road we should go down.  It's a fool's errand, and doesn't tell the story.   Officials and their calls are not why Indiana lost this game.

I remember a few people before the game started noted it's going to be tough to win because of the foul calls.

Look what happened.. 31-17 in fouls?  MSU and IU getting screwed. But we played terrible so we deserve the loss. I hope Troy is in a Chinese language course this Spring, thats the only league i can see him playing in. 

And of course we play the worst team in the league this weekend, so even if we win by 30, we still don't know where this team is exactly. 

I'll say it here, I told my friend this just now. We will finish 5th6th in the big ten. Make the dance, lose in the first round and we will be right back here next year talking about the same crap with the same guy in charge.

Quote me in a year boys!

Coming from the guy who said we would lose our last two games

I didn't think we played awful, fouls were an issue but the team needs to adjust to how the refs are calling the game. Yogi was a beast, Troy will either be back next year or be in China playing.

I've watched this game in Wisconsin four times now and I always have to check the date on the DVR because I'm not sure which year I'm watching, because they all look the same. Yogi and company know that they ALWAYS have to play 5 on 8 ball when they are there and Yogi showed up accordingly. But another common theme is that we can't seem to get all of the IU players to show up at the same time in the cheese state. It could be the mental block of "IU hasn't won here since 1998" that is weighing on the freshman but we can only come up with so many excuses. I'm going to copy and save this comment so I can paste it in the thread next year! LOL

This Doc and her beloved son love you guys! Thank you for your undying support!

Great post Doc. I will admit, I was a little rough on Yogi for the first part of the season because I felt he was way too selfish. However, he has been incredible to watch, and he is the reason we are ranked. Love watching him play. And he is one of the IU greats! He will lead us deep into the tournament IMO.

Not trying to poke the bear but, thoughts?

@nkartos: Strength coach for @Hoosiers stood on court & yelled on every single #badgers free throw attempt. Yelled. Like he was in student section.

Coming from our strength coacj? Not surprised

Not trying to poke the bear but, thoughts?

@nkartos: Strength coach for @Hoosiers stood on court & yelled on every single #badgers free throw attempt. Yelled. Like he was in student section.

Never had a problem with how he acts as a coach on bench but if this is true this guy needs to be put in his place.