Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Article on recruits from McCarthy

CREAN will get Murdered if he gets rid of the students favorite player. We are stuck with Priller. My thoughts are if he wasn't such a crowd favorite he would have been shown the door already. Seems like a good kid.. just doesn't fit a high D1 scholarship.

Frankly, he should have to keep Priller on the team until he graduates.  He took a Southland Conference caliber player because he was in full on desperation mode, so he should have to deal with it now.

I'm totally against this. You dont make promises you cant keep. Especially when you are the $3m/year man pulling tricks on a 20 yr old kid.

I agree from that stand point.. But still. Wasted scholarship, and it's obviously Crean's fault for wasting it. But I think it's going to hurt us in the next year or two. Having that available scholly would be nice

It will probably come down to what Priller wants. If he's not ready to contribute next year, coach will let him know that if he's looking for playing time it's probably not going to happen. It's up to Priller to decide whether or not he wants to stay at IU or not. Is this a form of "creaning"? Sure one could argue that but Priller knew well ahead what he needed to do to get playing time at IU before he committed. Now if he was forced out of the team without choice I would have a big problem with that.

I don't assume that they do. In fact, I think more common practice is year to year offers.

I thought the new student athlete Bill of Rights thing we had guaranteed 4 year scholarships? Could be wrong

I thought the new student athlete Bill of Rights thing we had guaranteed 4 year scholarships? Could be wrong

You might be right, I never read it, but that would just be IU. But that wouldn't have any effect on anyone other than IU coaches. He asked about "any coach" so I responded generally. 

I don't believe Etherington was a bust. He showed some promise but chose another rout. I think he could have been a valuable asset to our team.

Etherington stinks. He has averaged 2 points/game for a mid-major. He was offered b/c he was close with Cody. Oh yeah, he got decked by a chick at Taco Bell.

How many players have been "Creaned"?

Hard to say. Its not really something that's advertised. In some cases, I think the "Creaned" player probably had non-basketball issues that actually led to their leaving. However, it seems that some players had similar issues and it was ignored. The whole "Creaning" thing ends up being to much about conjecture. Do I believe it happens? Yep. Is it provable? Nope.

What if you needed a spot for a dynamic player? Lets say that player were Thon.

I really want Thon but is he worth all of the baggage that he carries with him? I don't want us to drop our pants for him at all.

I can't remember being absolutely sure about a single thing in my life. I guess things have gone unexpectedly well, and unexpectedly poor at times.

Yup. Like this year. We had 13 solid scholarship players at the beginning of the summer. We started the season a few months later with an open scholarship.

I think we can all agree that our turnover has been too high since the Warford/Hulls senior class graduated. Call it creaming or call it whatever, we have not retained enough kids to have had sustained success. You are going to have some early NBA entry kids but I am referencing the other kids who have left

I would love to see that transfer rate drop much lower. If you recruit a kid and he gives effort in practice then work with him so that he can contribute later in his career.