Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2017 IUBB recruiting

Tremont Waters, Al Durham Justin Smith, Malik Williams, and a Center we don't know about yet.

Pretty sure the Malik Williams Michigan State thing is no longer the case. IU and Lousiville, maybe Iowa.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just out of curiosity why are people cooling on Williams to MSU. 

Would love to add him, Scruggs and Wilkes. 

Right now I think we lose Scruggs though. barring a transfer we are gonna be deep at guard.  Even with a transfer gonna be deep there. 

Honestly how this class shapes up I think depends a lot on how Morgan and OG look this year  

Wilkes is a no brainier go after him but after him our priorities will be dictated based on where we will be losing people and can promise playing time  

Zach McRoberts to be a walk-on this season and be immediately eligible.  Younger brother of Josh McRoberts left U of Vermont last year and spent last season as an IU student thus the immediate eligibility.  Listed at 6'6".  "Averaged 5.1 points per game in America East play for the Catamounts in 2015.  He missed the first seven games of that season with a knee injury, but came on strong late in the year.  McRoberts played in 27 consecutive games and averaged 7.3 points, 4.3 rebounds and shot 57.1 percent from the floor in the 2015 CBI Tournament."

http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/2016/06/zach-mcroberts-to-walk-on-at-indiana-iubb/

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Zach McRoberts to be a walk-on this season and be immediately eligible.  Younger brother of Josh McRoberts left U of Vermont last year and spent last season as an IU student thus the immediate eligibility.  Listed at 6'6".  "Averaged 5.1 points per game in America East play for the Catamounts in 2015.  He missed the first seven games of that season with a knee injury, but came on strong late in the year.  McRoberts played in 27 consecutive games and averaged 7.3 points, 4.3 rebounds and shot 57.1 percent from the floor in the 2015 CBI Tournament."

http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/2016/06/zach-mcroberts-to-walk-on-at-indiana-iubb/

That's a high-ticket walk-on!

Big get...don't underestimate the value of a walk-on that can challenge in practice, is high character, can effectively play spot minutes, is injury insurance, all that.

Ryan Burton part deaux!

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Jackson seems to have improved quite a bit since last year no wonder people want him more than Williams. 

Rivals updated their rankings btw. 

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2017

17- Wilkes

20- Jackson

21- Richards

32- Weatherspoon

33- Scruggs

35- Williams

37- Coleman

38- Tucker

39- Waters

to name a few....

14 hours ago, HoosierD said:

I wanna know your best guess.

It was honestly a stupid time for me to ask the question. We'll all have a much more informed guess after this eval period in July. But, I asked it so I'll take a shot.

Wilkes

Smith

Richards (or a big we don't know, don't think Garza fits)

PG not on the radar but identified in the next month

It was honestly a stupid time for me to ask the question. We'll all have a much more informed guess after this eval period in July. But, I asked it so I'll take a shot.

Wilkes

Smith

Richards (or a big we don't know, don't think Garza fits)

PG not on the radar but identified in the next month

You think the Wilkes and Smith are for OG testing the water or just Crean's need for extra wings?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If OG plays well enough to be 1st rounder we will be excellent. I'm worried as good as he is, he may not live up to hype. Will be focused on more.

If he does... Hartman, Priller, TB, OG, Blackmon.

Looking like we will need 5 one way or another. If OG doesn't go, it seems we will have a transfer candidate. I'm thinking the magic recruiting number will be 5 or 4 with a late add on.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners