Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2017 IUBB recruiting

When is Tucker deciding? Spring? There isnt any CB picks for him. Where is the gur feeling he's coming here coming from?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

There is 2 crystal ball picks for him but again the crystal ball is a 247 thing. Other recruiting services have predicted iu for tucker ( Corey Evans)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There is 2 crystal ball picks for him but again the crystal ball is a 247 thing. Other recruiting services have predicted iu for tucker ( Corey Evans)

I would imagine the Wilkes news has reignited this.I really dont see the need with Smith in the fold.At this point I would be happy with Preston or another big and call it a day.

I would imagine the Wilkes news has reignited this.I really dont see the need with Smith in the fold.At this point I would be happy with Preston or another big and call it a day.

Hard to turn down a top 50 kid if he wants to come here and play though. If the staff was willing to take Wilkes and smith together I'm sure they will sell that to tucker. It will be hard to get tucker away from Syracuse in my opinion

I'm with you on the big. To get over the hump we need more than one serviceable big. If we can't then let's get the best talent we can.

This will probably be an unpopular opinion but I think we should shut 2017 recruiting down and go for a grad transfer after the season. Preston and Tucker are dreams at this point and I don't think we need another guard on roster. When we miss on those guys I don't want coach going out and getting another Priller or April just because we may have a 13th scholly available on the end of the bench. It could also give someone like Hartman an opportunity to come back if he doesn't play this year, which would be invaluable to next years team.

10 minutes ago, VO5 said:

This will probably be an unpopular opinion but I think we should shut 2017 recruiting down and go for a grad transfer after the season. Preston and Tucker are dreams at this point and I don't think we need another guard on roster. When we miss on those guys I don't want coach going out and getting another Priller or April just because we may have a 13th scholly available on the end of the bench. It could also give someone like Hartman an opportunity to come back if he doesn't play this year, which would be invaluable to next years team.

I'm not on board with turning down a 4/5 star that can help, BUT, I believe that Max Bielfeldt has clearly illustrated to CTC that the right grad transfer is a winning proposition. 

9 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I don't see it as an unpopular opinion at all as I think there are others who share your thought.  For me, I don't like the uncertainty of waiting for the grad transfer market.  If there's nothing of quality out there, CTC just can't seem to keep a scholly from burning a hole in his pocket and then what's the likelihood we end up with MSB / April 2.0?  As for Hartman, I think he's going to become our basketball version of Kyle Schwarber and he'll be available when we need him most at tournament time.

17 hours ago, mdn82 said:

I think getting multiple 5* goes beyond winning. You have to have a cool factor for kids we haven't had in years. Sean Miller and Josh Pastnor at Memphis are the easiest examples. You can now add Alford at UCLA into that along with the goofy dude from Washington.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This is a great point. Lets not forget Cheatapari who has every rapper imaginable at their midnight madness and courtside at games. IU has.... Simon Skjodt and John Mellencamp... 

If Hartman is going to play this year, I think we have to keep targeting Tucker.  But if he isn't going to make it back then we should just back off, Hartman will be more useful next year.  The Open Scholarship NEEDs to go to a big.  Either a Freshman that can at least be a serviceable back up or a grad transfer.  But somebody that can give us solid minutes. 

If Hartman is going to play this year, I think we have to keep targeting Tucker.  But if he isn't going to make it back then we should just back off, Hartman will be more useful next year.  The Open Scholarship NEEDs to go to a big.  Either a Freshman that can at least be a serviceable back up or a grad transfer.  But somebody that can give us solid minutes. 

Exact thoughts. Davis should make a good to great 5 next season but we need someone other than 6-8ish JMo or Moore or other wing to backup the 5.

On 11/8/2016 at 10:14 AM, VO5 said:

Mentioned this weeks ago, this is my desire at this point assuming Preston or another 5 star don't sign