Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2017 IUBB recruiting

From the Tom Crean radio show:

· "On the trip back, Crean said he and Chuck Martin stopped in Phoenix (the team connected through Phoenix as well) to go recruit and also had a chance to go to the Nets-Suns game to watch Yogi Ferrell’s first road win in the NBA. "

So...where were they? Maybe  Hillcrest, maybe Aspire?

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/aspire-academy-arizona-basketball-big-players

From the Tom Crean radio show:

· "On the trip back, Crean said he and Chuck Martin stopped in Phoenix (the team connected through Phoenix as well) to go recruit and also had a chance to go to the Nets-Suns game to watch Yogi Ferrell’s first road win in the NBA. "

So...where were they? Maybe  Hillcrest, maybe Aspire?

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/aspire-academy-arizona-basketball-big-players

People on this board aren't going to like this lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

26 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

People on this board aren't going to like this lol

Hey...maybe there's an old-fashioned rural Indiana-style high school in the Phoenix area full of four star, immediate impact bigs with names that aren't hard to pronounce!  ;)

I know a program like IU should always been in it with the elite recruits, but this year we made a lot of list then failed to land them. Some have mentioned it as bad judgement or wasting resources. With that said I've noticed this happening at a couple schools and its paying off. Look at St. Louis, they were in on a cpl big players with no chance, but namely Jayson Tatum gave them something for fans and players along w recruiting sites something to talk about and led to Goodwin signing, Gordon in 18 and now Tillmon is looking at them as well. Goodwin said that once he saw them w Tatum it helped him decide on them. Tillmon's mom said the same. I'm optimistic that the same thing will help us out in next years class and beyond along w the continued success. We may not have the greatest class this year, but I'm very hopeful for next year & beyond. Don't give up faith yet and like I said a team like IU shouldn't have to have this happen to start landing them and we always seem to be in this spot in being in with a few big names, but this year we were in on a lot more. We missed on all of them, but it'll turn around. We have pieces for the future in CuJo & DD along w Juwan to where next year could be a lot better than some are saying. JBJ is gone if he keeps his play up so the expanded roles are what worries me not talent.

I know a program like IU should always been in it with the elite recruits, but this year we made a lot of list then failed to land them. Some have mentioned it as bad judgement or wasting resources. With that said I've noticed this happening at a couple schools and its paying off. Look at St. Louis, they were in on a cpl big players with no chance, but namely Jayson Tatum gave them something for fans and players along w recruiting sites something to talk about and led to Goodwin signing, Gordon in 18 and now Tillmon is looking at them as well. Goodwin said that once he saw them w Tatum it helped him decide on them. Tillmon's mom said the same. I'm optimistic that the same thing will help us out in next years class and beyond along w the continued success. We may not have the greatest class this year, but I'm very hopeful for next year & beyond. Don't give up faith yet and like I said a team like IU shouldn't have to have this happen to start landing them and we always seem to be in this spot in being in with a few big names, but this year we were in on a lot more. We missed on all of them, but it'll turn around. We have pieces for the future in CuJo & DD along w Juwan to where next year could be a lot better than some are saying. JBJ is gone if he keeps his play up so the expanded roles are what worries me not talent.

They were on Tatum because he was a local kid but I get what u are saying