Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2017 IUBB recruiting

Scruggs, Wilkes, Williams would be a hell of a class combined with some of the upperclassmen we should have. I'm not sure who the staff is prioritizing.

These are the priorities in my mind, as well. I am sure the staff has some eastern targets.

I agree with the Wilkes, Scruggs, Williams thought. I think Scruggs and Williams are possible. Wilkes has no leader and not sure he'll play for Crean but recruitment is very open so there is a chance that changes. Definitely the best of the bunch. Saw someone elude to the engineering thing which definitely was a factor but isn't anymore. Not the reason he won't attend IU is all I'm saying.

Other in state prospects are Jaren Jackson, Zach Gunn , Jalen Adaway , Jack Nunge, Charles Payton etc..all of which IU is recruiting. Think they should really take a look at Adaway, that may be one that if the staff lets get away may be thorn in the side going forward.

I agree with the Wilkes, Scruggs, Williams thought. I think Scruggs and Williams are possible. Wilkes has no leader and not sure he'll play for Crean but recruitment is very open so there is a chance that changes. Definitely the best of the bunch. Saw someone elude to the engineering thing which definitely was a factor but isn't anymore. Not the reason he won't attend IU is all I'm saying.

Other in state prospects are Jaren Jackson, Zach Gunn , Jalen Adaway , Jack Nunge, Charles Payton etc..all of which IU is recruiting. Think they should really take a look at Adaway, that may be one that if the staff lets get away may be thorn in the side going forward.

Do you think landing Williams and Scruggs could factor into landing Wilkes?  Gunn would be on my radar as well.  How much room will we have in '17?  Hartman, Troy, and possibly Bryant.

Do you think landing Williams and Scruggs could factor into landing Wilkes?  Gunn would be on my radar as well.  How much room will we have in '17?  Hartman, Troy, and possibly Bryant.

I think Williams has little to no impact on Wilkes. I think Scruggs has an impact. Gonna be a tough fight there. I get people's hesitation w Gunn but....IU also has GG sooooo not sure why we'd be concerned there. 

Durham is a good player. Good trajectory in terms of development from what I've heard.

i believe he is too. My strange remark was the timing and limited opening spots available and how many Indiana kids we are recruiting.

Same feelings as GG, it's not so much the player as it is the timing of the accepted verbal.

I like Durham, don't want it interpreted wrong.

i believe he is too. My strange remark was the timing and limited opening spots available and how many Indiana kids we are recruiting.

Same feelings as GG, it's not so much the player as it is the timing of the accepted verbal.

I like Durham, don't want it interpreted wrong.

No I hear you. My bad.

I'm assuming a 4 man class for Hartman, TB, JBJ and Priller, who should have his degree and I would think will transfer at that point.

Durham and then, given roster makeup, I would probably order them as:
Wilkes
Williams
Matt Coleman
Jackson
Scruggs
Would be happy with any 3 and Durham.
Haven't seen Adaway and don't think much of Gunn's ceiling.
Not gonna happen, but I'd punt all of them for Michael Porter. Best pure all around offensive player of his age I have ever seen. On a completely different level from the rest of these kids.

Is there a reason behind why Wilkes won't play for Crean? I know we've heard about several players not liking Crean but was wondering specifically about Wilkes, as I heard that from someone else as well but didn't give a reason