Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Hoosier Transfers and Recruiting Targets

Matt Carlino hit for like 37 last night against Ga Tech. Third school from UCLA to BYU and finally Marquette. Smith-Rivera at Georgetown was a big miss from the Movement recruiting class. To think about how highly these 5 kids were rated and where they are now(Yogi, PJ, Hanne, Hollowell, and Patterson). Recruiting was on its way up and Crean picked these 5 when he probably could have had many others from this class if he wanted. I don't understand how Crean always gets great marks with recruiting when this class is probably a big reason why he will be gone after this year. Kids like McGary, Dunham, and Smith-Rivera could have been in the candy stripes.

Useless to think about this, but imagine if our 2012 class was:

Yogi Ferrell

Kellen Dunham

Gary Harris

Hanner Perea

Instead of:

Yogi Ferrell

Ron Patterson

Jeremy Hollowell

Peter Jurkin

Hanner Perea

The sad thing about our 2012 class is that Perea is one of our best players in it.  The hypothetical 2012 class I posted would have him as the worst player on it.

Useless to think about this, but imagine if our 2012 class was:

Yogi Ferrell
Kellen Dunham
Gary Harris
Hanner Perea

Instead of:

Yogi Ferrell
Ron Patterson
Jeremy Hollowell
Peter Jurkin
Hanner Perea

The sad thing about our 2012 class is that Perea is one of our best players in it. The hypothetical 2012 class I posted would have him as the worst player on it.

I've said this before but having Harris that year likely would have been enough to win us a title. We were so close personnel wise, and he has exactly what we needed. Dunham would have played a few minutes too. Boy that would have been nice.

I've said this before but having Harris that year likely would have been enough to win us a title. We were so close personnel wise, and he has exactly what we needed. Dunham would have played a few minutes too. Boy that would have been nice.

Yep, Crean was actually on Dakich's show over the summer and he said his biggest miss of his career at IU was Gary Harris.  His biggest regret was not offering Kellen Dunham.  Ugh, that 2012 class could have been so solid.

I honestly wish Crean would've stuck it out with Lyles. That would've solved all of our problems this year. Funny how as soon as Lyles de-committed no one from IU had anything to do with him so he went another way. Fast forward to when Blackmon de-committed  and we stuck around and kept recruiting him till the end. Around the time that Blackmon JR committed Crean said that if he could do things over again he would've kept recruiting Lyles, but instead he got butt hurt about the de-committment and never talked to Lyles again. Things could've been very different

I honestly wish Crean would've stuck it out with Lyles. That would've solved all of our problems this year. Funny how as soon as Lyles de-committed no one from IU had anything to do with him so he went another way. Fast forward to when Blackmon de-committed  and we stuck around and kept recruiting him till the end. Around the time that Blackmon JR committed Crean said that if he could do things over again he would've kept recruiting Lyles, but instead he got butt hurt about the de-committment and never talked to Lyles again. Things could've been very different

We were never going to get Lyles back. His Dad wouldn't let it happen

We were never going to get Lyles back. His Dad wouldn't let it happen

You don't know that, and none of us do. But even after his de commitment he kept listing us as his favorite for a few months. Then when the staff stopped showing up to everything, of course he didn't want to come here. The stuff with his dad has been overhyped by Jockich too much. I definitely agree that his dad is a colossal idiot though.

You don't know that, and none of us do. But even after his de commitment he kept listing us as his favorite for a few months. Then when the staff stopped showing up to everything, of course he didn't want to come here. The stuff with his dad has been overhyped by Jockich too much. I definitely agree that his dad is a colossal idiot though.

There wasn't a chance we were getting him. There is a reason we stopped showing up to stuff for him.  And no, Dakich is dead on with all the stuff with Lyles Dad pulling all the strings. I guess we'll agree to disagree, but I don't see in what universe we were going to overcome his dad deciding for him

It wasn't just Dakich talking about Lyles's dad.  I remember an AAU coach saying his dad has a "stomach churning love affair with Nike".