Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Louisville self-imposed post-season ban/Rick Pitino interested in UNLV?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7220378/terrence-jones-stacey-poole-jr-kentucky-wildcats-escape-accident-minor-injuries

Here is how pUKe handles a situation. I remember watching the news when this story first broke. Terrence Jones was driving drunk and left the scene of an accident. It turned into this press release from Calipari stating that no laws or rules were broken. His players were at a club drinking bottled water and borrowing a roommates Escalade.

Yeah, like so many college kids drive around escalades. And no one broke any rules but for some reason Calipari enforced a curfew.

When you have guys like doron lamb stating you can get anything if you go to UK I highly doubt they are running a clean program.

I do not believe that they are running a clean program but the outward appearance other than one hit and run accident is that they are running one. You can try to justify it however you want, but the fact is that it appears to the common viewer that they are in fact doing a better job. 

I do not believe that they are running a clean program but the outward appearance other than one hit and run accident is that they are running one. You can try to justify it however you want, but the fact is that it appears to the common viewer that they are in fact doing a better job.

I'm not justifying anything. I just think the more knowledgeable fan of college ball knows UK is far from clean. They just do a hell of a job at keeping things quiet or at least just for their basketball program. Look at all the cases that happened of their football program in the last 5 years.

Too bad UNC doesn't have the stones to do something about their issues.

UNC is sitting at the top of the rating, anticipating a #1 seed, and winning another championship. No way they are going to self-impose anything. They're waiting for the NCAA to do something. And wait, and wait, and............................

Good lord.

This is not a court of law.

Moreover, hearsay is relevant during the investigative stage, even in criminal matters. It is commonly used as lead material.

Moreover, although hearsay is not admissible in court, circumstantial evidence is absolutely admissible, and is apparently abundant here.

Now teach them the hearsay exceptions.

Also, I'll just note, hearsay is any out-of-court statement offered to prove the truth of the statement. So, literally every statement made right now is going to either be hearsay or a hearsay exception. 

I'd say the remedial measures exclusionary rule would be relevant too, I mean, if we were actually in court.

This was smart on UofL's part. Impose the self ban this season and it won't hurt your recruiting going forward.

That's why this self imposed ban is so ridiculous. If anything, there should be scholarship restrictions as well as at least another ban. I don't have much faith in the NCAA but I don't think they can screw this one up because UL just self admitted the violations.

That's why this self imposed ban is so ridiculous. If anything, there should be scholarship restrictions as well as at least another ban. I don't have much faith in the NCAA but I don't think they can screw this one up because UL just self admitted the violations.

At least Louisville was "noble" enough to self-ban for a season they were going to make the tournament, unlike those citrus clowns up in Syracuse.

At least Louisville was "noble" enough to self-ban for a season they were going to make the tournament, unlike those citrus clowns up in Syracuse.

And Missouri, who is currently sitting at 8-14 while two of their players just got arrested, including Jakeenan Gant.  Gant was a former IU target, and after reading up on him a little, THANK GOD we missed on him.

Now teach them the hearsay exceptions.

Also, I'll just note, hearsay is any out-of-court statement offered to prove the truth of the statement. So, literally every statement made right now is going to either be hearsay or a hearsay exception. 

I'd say the remedial measures exclusionary rule would be relevant too, I mean, if we were actually in court.

Oh my goodness; here comes The Rule Of Perpetuities.

Law school cold sweat flashbacks!

Head coaches know everything? So CTC knew his players were out at bars trying to get served while underaged. He knew of all of the weed smoking and late drinking and partying? Like I said...they did their own investigations and they know what was true and what was embellished in the book.

He knew, man. We're talking about a guy who makes his assistant coaches weigh in every morning and reports back. Let's be real, no one is going behind his back in things with that culture. He's been in the business way too long to just think, obliviously, "man, these visits are going exceptionally well!"