Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

Louisville self-imposed post-season ban/Rick Pitino interested in UNLV?

You must have not grasped one of the fundamental rules that they teach on Law and Order. Hearsay is not proof. The only financial evidence that has been uncovered is a copy of an atm receipt for approx 200 dollars from McGee to Powell. That is it! Period! They also have a ledger from Ms Powell that notated dates and times of parties and payments. These notations were were all made using what appears to be the same ink for every entry over a 2 1/2 year span. Every entry is aligned as though it was a child being punished at a blackboard. As for Lyle's testimony... this was from an 18 yr old who was offered a little vajayjay to maybe sway a commitment. Once again, his allegation that Pitino must have knew is just that. An allegation. This coming from a kid that on this very same board, numerous times, was believed to be too shady or too much trouble to play for IU. Look I've always believed that there were violations that had taken place. Not to the amount or knowledge of the hierarchy.

If you want to compare things to Law & Order then all the stuff you listed as hearsay is official evidence and your client just basically offered up a plea deal in which the prosecutor (NCAA) does not have accept if they choose.

I don't know about you but if I am innocent of a charge then I fight it not offer up a plea bargain.

Face it they are guilty and they are trying to do damage control to the point where they don't have to fire Pitino.

Head coaches know everything? So CTC knew his players were out at bars trying to get served while underaged. He knew of all of the weed smoking and late drinking and partying? Like I said...they did their own investigations and they know what was true and what was embellished in the book.

Great comparison. Indiana players deciding to go out to the bars and smoke weed is the same as running a brothel out of the basketball dormitories over multiple years.

You must have not grasped one of the fundamental rules that they teach on Law and Order. Hearsay is not proof.

No Pitino Kool aid lol! Just common sense.

You get an A for knowing rules of law, and an F in common sense on this one. Everyone at UL probably knew what was going on.

You must have not grasped one of the fundamental rules that they teach on Law and Order. Hearsay is not proof. The only financial evidence that has been uncovered is a copy of an atm receipt for approx 200 dollars from McGee to Powell. That is it! Period!

Good thing the NCAA is not a court of law, not bound by the rules of evidence nor other trial rules.

I'd just like to note before we start quibbling about the law, I don't think anyone here has gotten any legal or quasi-legal aspect right so far.

I'm not going to correct you, because it amuses me and I wasted all my dick-around time on that long response to Hutch's article, but just thought you should know.

I'd just like to note before we start quibbling about the law, I don't think anyone here has gotten any legal or quasi-legal aspect right so far.

I'm not going to correct you, because it amuses me and I wasted all my Purdue Person-around time on that long response to Hutch's article, but just thought you should know.

It's okay we rarely get the basketball information right and this is a basketball forum so I would be super impressed if there was any reputible legal knowledge gained.

Good lord.

This is not a court of law.

Moreover, hearsay is relevant during the investigative stage, even in criminal matters. It is commonly used as lead material.

Moreover, although hearsay is not admissible in court, circumstantial evidence is absolutely admissible, and is apparently abundant here.

Finally, when a program has university facilities and university monies used for provision of prostitutes to players, recruits, and recruits' fathers, that is far beyond "the coach can't know everything." At the very least, that is a red letter example of complete lack of institutional control.

Why else do you think UL is trying to mitigate the damage by imposing a post-season ban on their top 25 team? Because they think there's nothing to see here?

PUUUHHHHLEEEEEEAASE!

To me the saddest part in all of this is that between U of L, Kentucky, and IU at this point Kentucky looks like they run the tightest and cleanest ship. Louisville with this scandal and IU with all the drug and alcohol problems and arrest. 

Oh I highly doubt that.

Really what can you link to them that actually makes them look like they don't? I am not saying that they do I am saying that outwardly they do because they have had no violations and no problems with the police or drug test.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7220378/terrence-jones-stacey-poole-jr-kentucky-wildcats-escape-accident-minor-injuries

Here is how pUKe handles a situation. I remember watching the news when this story first broke. Terrence Jones was driving drunk and left the scene of an accident. It turned into this press release from Calipari stating that no laws or rules were broken. His players were at a club drinking bottled water and borrowing a roommates Escalade.